Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
c
carury
Sunny Leone XXX Pack MTR @Mastitorrents
Sunny Leone XXX Pack MTR @Mastitorrents > http://tllg.net/36E3Gu2M2v4iKhP4kXY Sunny Leone XXX Pack MTR @Mastitorrents b92c5eb40e Download istram ispol crack torrent.rar simcity 5 2013 pc installer v1.0.zip p...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2016 7:36pm
by carury
DaF Kompakt A1 Kurs- Uebungsbuch Mit 2 Audio CDs-megaupload.zip
DaF Kompakt A1 Kurs- Uebungsbuch Mit 2 Audio CDs-megaupload.zip > http://tinyurl.com/l5z9nty DaF Kompakt A1 Kurs- Uebungsbuch Mit 2 Audio CDs-megaupload.zip, whatsapp spy mac kostenlos download 97ffa81d91 na...
Views: 823   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 11:49pm
by raghisil
LSA Preference
I have been investigating various LSA aircraft recently and was wondering what other SAFE members might like to recommend. So far I have flown the SportCruiser, Flight Design CT and Tecnam Sierra models. My impressions so far are that the Tecnam Sierra flies, display...
Views: 223   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2009 9:26am
by Al Van Lengen
FAA Letters to CFI's on Deviations
The latest governmental intrusion into our flight instructor lives is the FAA is to begin rolling information letters out to instructors whose former students have been involved in pilot deviations. These FAA letters can arrive at a CFI's mailbox up to 12 months afte...
Views: 228   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 19, 2009 1:19pm
by Tom Gilmore
Re: SAFE Response to NPRM FAA-2008-0938
In response to NPRM FAA–2008–0938 regarding “Pilot in Command Proficiency Check and Other Changes to the Pilot and Pilot School Certification Rules” SAFE submitted a five-page document. The response is a compilation of comments provided by SAF...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 12, 2009 2:19am
by Ken Lane
Proposed Rule Changes
I'm curious about the general response on the changes currently proposed. My primary concern went to §61.129(a)(3)(ii), being able to teach for a single engine commercial certificate without need for a retractable gear aircraft. But, I don't think the requir...
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 8:30am
by Pat Knight
What maneuvers cause the most stress on a crankshaft?
What aerobatic maneuvers induce the most stress on a crankshaft? Clint McHenry demurred when I asked him to demonstrate a Lomcevak. He said they are hard on the crankshaft. What are the other manuevers that cause similar stress? Robert
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 6:03pm
by Rich Stowell
Recent FAA Sport Pilot Interpretation
The FAA recently published an interpretation to the Federal Aviation Regulations declaring that training conducted by a "Sport Instructor" would not be credited towards the aeronautical experience requirements for a Private Pilot (61.109(a)) as the sport instructor i...
Views: 527   Replies: 38
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 7:50am
by Tom Gilmore
NAFI Masters
As I told NAFI to pound sand a while ago, I'm am curious as to how NAFI has a bunch of new "Master CFIs" and renewals. Did they find folks for a new master review board?
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 6:57pm
by Bridgette
r
Radek
Question about X/C
One of my IR students posed this question on our board: "I'm planning a trip next summer (2010) to fly the circumference of the US. I'd begin in the Boston area, fly west across the northern US, down the West coast, across the Southwest and South and then back up the...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 9:05am
by Radek
FAA pressed for immediate restrictions on NYC airspace
Fifteen members of Congress have requested that the FAA mandate TCAS on all light aircraft. The wording is ambiguous -- New York or nationwide- but it could affect your flight school. All of our airplanes have TIS, but if they go crazy and mandate TCAS instead, th...
Views: 193   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 16, 2009 8:28am
by Robert Hadow
Canadians not allowed to fly to Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard covered by a TFR next week. Pilots may fly there with 72 hours notice to the TSA and FAA. The feds have set up another website to type into. I complied, and typed my name and demographic information three times. When I got to the first crewmem...
Views: 259   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 3, 2009 6:42am
by Ken Lane
Passion vs Restraint
For those of us who have been following the thread here in the forums area relative the "Recent FAA Sport Pilot Interpretation" it is quite obvious that there are some very passionate opponents as well as proponents of this interpretation. Passion can be a wonder...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 7:25am
by Alan Davis
What IS a "Forum" - Civility and Other Issues
Hello All You Forum Writers! The purpose of the forum site is to provide a place for people to "share" ideas, opinions, etc. And, like any of us in Aviation - we are PASSIONATE people. But, let's put a word of caution out there. While it is very reasonable to...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 7:23am
by Alan Davis
IACRA at the FSDO
It's that time again - CFI renewal. I'm not so accomplished as to be a MCFI or Gold Seal, so I need to present my student list to the FSDO for renewal. Our FSDO, Teterboro NJ, is leaning on all the local examiners to use IACRA exclusively. Now that I need to...
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 5:58am
by Robert Hadow
Peel That Chart Agent Sticker Down
NACO announced that it hopes to eliminate more than 80% of its chart agents -- those of you who sell charts to your students. NACO offers as an alternative that you can buy from your competitors with a $10 per order additional charge plus whatever margin they wa...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 11:17pm
by Ken Lane
TSA Audits
We saw the TSA for the third time in a year. The inspectors reminded us of the rules, and it caused me to review them in detail, in preparation for a follow up visit next week. You will remember that aliens are required to submit to the flightschoolcandidates...
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 7:47am
by Tom Gilmore
Prepaid Students and Cashier's Checks
Flight training has entered the modern world of long lost dead uncles and lottery winnings. When you get a call from a father who wants to prepay his son's flight school tuition, consider that what seems too good to be true, probably is. The guy will send you a...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 5:28am
by David McVinnie
Congratulations Arlynn
Congratulations Arlynn on being named the National Flight Instructor of the Year!
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 4:27am
by Michael Davis
CFI Renewal and Gold Seal Status
From the statements in the latest issue of Mentor and the online version at NAFI, I have been concerned about my CFI and Gold Seal status if I do not maintain my membership status in NAFI. To resolve this issue I call the FAA in Washington to get the facts. Here i...
Views: 294   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 7:53pm
by Rich Stowell
Recruiting Professional Ground Instructors
Our company is the leading general aviation flight simulator manufacturers in North America. We design, manufacture and market flight training devices from small desktop up through turbine helicopter, turboprop, jet and G1000 flight simulators. We are recruiting...
Views: 324   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2009 8:12pm
by Alan Davis
Disappointment
I am starting to see the true colors of the founders of this organization. The recent announcement of yet another big ego name (Patty Wagstaff) as a supporter is a bad example for the aviation community after her drunken fiasco in Oshkosh last year. Complaints an...
Views: 441   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2009 7:48pm
by Ken Lane
Renewal at NAFI... barely!
I just renewed with NAFI and following this post, I'll place my membership with SAFE. I added the following comment to my renewal at NAFI: "I want to see some serious improvement in NAFI. This member-selected board is too little, too late. I want to see hand-in...
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2009 2:32pm
by Ken Lane
Increasing Membership
When I received Doug Stewart's message that only 104 people had signed up and there had been 25,500 hits on the site, I was really surprised, especially when I knew that I had contributed to a number of those sign ups by posting to the Mooney lists. OTOH, I was happ...
Views: 331   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 12, 2009 1:45pm
by Martin
Dilution of credibility
I've got to admit that I am very confused with this brouhaha over the Master Instructor program. Although I'm a fairly active part-time instructor and a full time aviation educator, I don't think that either side of the argument has been successful in communicating...
Views: 468   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 10, 2009 8:02am
by Greg Brown
m
Meg
Human factors materials?
Any one out there have some good materials for a Human factors presentation? I am teaching a lot of ground schools at a Part 141 school and I am looking for materials. I write accident reports for an aviation magazine so I don't need any help Monday Morning Quarterba...
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 6, 2009 4:34pm
by Stephen Lipper
MCFI too Academic?
Although not completely familiar with the MCFI program I have always been a bit concerned it was a bit too 'academic' in it's requirements and focus. I can say unequivically the best instructors (and examiners) I have had were both active professional pilots AND ins...
Views: 411   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 6:42pm
by Meg
Let's look to the future!
SAFE has so much potential and energy it's amazing. So let's stop reliving past events and start discussing all the cool possibilities for the future! The day we focus on looking forward rather than looking back, is the day SAFE will really take off. C'mon, let's hea...
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 10:16pm
by Tim Busch
Is my MCFI now worthless?
Am I the only flight instructor who now feels that my Master Instructor designation is worthless? I worked very hard on both my original designation and my more recent renewal. Frankly, as a professor and a Chief Flight Instructor in a collegiate aviation program,...
Views: 417   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 8:40am
by Bridgette Doremi...
Congratulations Pat, Mark, Larry, Tom, Donna, John, Arlynn, Rusty, & Doug!
As a member of the interim working group, and a former board candidate, I want to extend congratulations to our new S.A.F.E. Board of Directors! We have accomplished what we set out to do - to do the initial organizational work that would allow for the election BY T...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 2:31pm
by Alan C. Davis
Getting the cold shoulder from NAFI and Jason Blair
I probably am not the only NAFI member CFI that seems to be getting the cold shoulder by NAFI. I guess that one of the resources that NAFI and Blair use is by monitoring postings on the SAFE forums. I guess NAFI and Jason Blair cannot accept that one of their membe...
Views: 440   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 12:11pm
by Bridgette Doremi...
m
Meg
Quit NAFI, lose your CFI certificate????
Hi folks, Is anyone else concerned by the recent email from Jason Blair that seems to indicate that if you renewed your CFI ticket via the Master program then decided to resign from NAFI, your CFI ticket is null and void? I read the copy of the Letter of Authoriz...
Views: 597   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 8:03am
by Tom Gilmore
Nominee's for Board of Directors of SAFE
Thanks to Alan Davis and his response to the question of why Sandy and JoAnn Hill were not on the ballot for the Board of Directors of SAFE. The same is true for many other "notables" that were nominated and certainly well qualified candidates for the Board of Dir...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2009 6:50am
by Allan Skramstad
Why aren't the Hills running for the Board of SAFE?
This question has been asked a number of times, and the answer is a very good one. The Hill's made a very sound decision that it would not be in the best interests of the Master Instructor program or SAFE for them to do so. In many professional organizations in whi...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2009 1:53pm
by Alan C Davis
NAFI Membership Resignations
I just recieved an email on a prominent member's resignation from NAFI. So be it. If anyone wishes to resign from any organization - go for it. However, I do not believe there is any requirement for the organization to refund unused dues. And, before a mass ex...
Views: 528   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 30, 2009 7:49am
by Tom Gilmore
A Suggested SAFE Editorial Navigational Guidance Vector
Recent observations about site content and posts causes me to remember something I haven't heard in 40 years. Thank you all for helping me recapture this: Three Gates If you are tempted to reveal A tale to you someone has told About another, make it pass, Befo...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 1:53am
by Mordechai Levin
The Hills, the Board, and our dues
A tearful JoAnn called me a few days ago to tell me my Master CFI was renewed, and that was the last time that she and Sandy would be able to talk to me about it, as they had just received a letter from a law firm representing NAFI. Huh? Sandy and JoAnn are NAFI and...
Views: 533   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 3:09pm
by Robert Hadow
On Measuring Successful Outcomes
At the end of the day how will we know if the efforts expended to impact aerospace education were effective, efficient, and worth pursuing? In short how will we define and measure success? In the nonprofit world, we measure our success in terms of the positive soc...
Views: 784   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 16, 2009 9:04am
by Robert Hadow
Doug Stewart's Podcast
Doug, Brilliant interview! I especially liked your explanation of learner focused training. You get it. I wonder how many folks understand this and how SAFE will be able to promote this as the modern model of aerospace education. Kudos for your bravery in acknowle...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2009 7:45pm
by Mordechai Levin
Logos
Before I vote on the logos, I'd like to know what kind of thought went into those narrowed down. Were there specific ideas such as the sigma in place of the S on the one? I think this also might help others in deciding. I'll hold off for a few days in hope of some...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2009 9:09pm
by Ken Lane
Letter of Understanding between FAASTeam and SAFE
To all who labored, lobbied, and otherwise helped to achieve this major milestone: Congratulations on a job well done. The eyes of the aviation and flight education community are upon us. May we continually fly from tailwind to tailwind. Mordechai Levin...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 12:32pm
by Mordechai Levin
The Hill's
For the life of me, I don't understand what has happened to the NAFI board of directors? The Hill's have been so inspirational to me and so many others in the CFI community, what is wrong with the board? Is their a jealousy problem or a ego trip their on, because...
Views: 391   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 2:58pm
by Nathan Zucker
a
Arlynn
What are we
A few questions for thought: If we are no longer a member of NAFI, then we are no longer MCFIs. Therefore, how will we be known in the future? Do we want to continue to be known as "Master Instructors? or something else? If something else, then will we have...
Views: 396   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 10:43am
by Wanda Zuege
Individuals vs Organizations
In a recent conversation on the NAFI problems, I was asked whether my loyalty is to individuals or to organizations. I've been thinking about that, and here's the answer I wish I had been articulate enough to offer right away. Individuals form organizations in or...
Views: 492   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 5:05am
by Kent Lewis
Don't contact us?
Today's E-Mentor was rather interesting.. NAFI's exec. fellow, Jason Blair stated that TBO-NAFI stated "don't contact us." A quote: "eMentor: There is now a group that has recently become critical of NAFI. Can you address the allegations made by this group? Ja...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 9:55am
by Bridgette Doremi...
Congratulations!
With the help of so many wonderful and committed people, we've come a long way in a very short amount of time. No doubt there's another hill to climb as this brand new organization takes its first steps. We'll have growing pains, too. But based on what I've seen so f...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 6:49pm
by Rich Stowell
r
Radek
FORUM RULES
Hello everyone! I hope we (flight instructors and educators) are a group of educated and intelligent people. You want to have a difference of opinion, you want to criticize (as an instructor you should critique) – it is fine! There are few simple rules here on...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2009 6:41pm
by Radek
NAFI Master instructor web site update
As many of you know, and some of you probably don't know, I am the webmaster for nafimasters.org. I have spent countless hours developing, updating and trying to keep the website current for all current Master Instructors, and anyone who wanted to become a Master....
Views: 724   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 4, 2009 1:52pm
by Arlynn
Ground Instructors
I noticed in the proposed TBO NAFI, the four levels of membership do not include FAA Certified Ground Instructors. As a holder of AGI/IGI, I would hate to be placed in the same category as "Educators interested in aviation" or "Associate".
Views: 391   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 4:47pm
by Stephen Gatlin
My message to the NAFI BoD c/o Jason Blair
Dear Mr. Blair, Please convey this to the NAFI BOD and [share]with others as you see fit. When I resumed flight instruction after a number of years I was pleased to discover NAFI and joined with enthusiasm. In particular I saw the MCFI program and such certifi...
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 10:12am
by Geoffrey Strongi...
1 2
Free Forum powered by Bravenet