Return to Website

Van Aken Forum

Questions, Answers, Genealogy Help, Lost Cousins, Search, History

Van Aken Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vaneiken

I am looking for John and Mary (Bowlby) Vaneiken who were both born in NJ abt 1850 according to the 1880 census.

According to the following site, they were married
18 JAN 1873 in 1st Meth. Church of Phillipsburg.
This site is hard to read, so you can search for Vaneiken, then use your mouse to select text on the page. This makes it easier to read.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/7477/wga11.html

They soon departed for Somerset/Cambria County, PA. (Johnstown),where they stayed.

Does anyone have any information about John's parents?

thanks,
Charlie

Re: Vaneiken

Hi Charlie, I have been looking for the Vaneiken spelling and am not sure that it is a variation of Van Aken in America. Doing a google search, I found several instances of the spelling are from Belgium. Nevertheless I will continue to study the family. I found an Albert Vaneiken b Nov 1860 on the 1900 Census in Warren Co, NJ. Could he be a brother to John? Do you have a death record or obituary for John Vaneiken? Looking forward to hearing from you, Ann

Re: Re: Vaneiken

No I have not found him yet. I was expecting to find him in the Cambria County,PA obits, where his wife,Mary, appears to be listed - I still need to get a copy of her obit.

It is possible that Albert is a relative. John's parents were born in Belgium, but John was born in NJ - but this is according to the 1880 census and we know how (in)accurate they can be...

I started looking at the soundex matches since there seem to be few Vaneikens before 1880 in the census records and John was (possibly) born in NJ.

I will get a copy of Mary's obit and look again for John in the listings and I'll check back here.

thanks for your input,
Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Vaneiken

Hi Charlie,
I am currently researching Albert P. VanEiken of Phillipsburg NJ, his wife Emma Jennie Smith and his descendants. I have some info on him and willing to share it. What is really strange is I also have a Mary A Bowlby in my tree, she was the first wife of my 2g-grandfather, Theodore S Dalrymple, aka Jackson Smith, who is also the father of Alberts wife Emma Jennie Smith. Please contact me at smith_family@wowway.com
Rhonda