Van Aken Forum

Questions, Answers, Genealogy Help, Lost Cousins, Search, History

Van Aken Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vaneiken

Hi Charlie, I have been looking for the Vaneiken spelling and am not sure that it is a variation of Van Aken in America. Doing a google search, I found several instances of the spelling are from Belgium. Nevertheless I will continue to study the family. I found an Albert Vaneiken b Nov 1860 on the 1900 Census in Warren Co, NJ. Could he be a brother to John? Do you have a death record or obituary for John Vaneiken? Looking forward to hearing from you, Ann

Re: Re: Vaneiken

No I have not found him yet. I was expecting to find him in the Cambria County,PA obits, where his wife,Mary, appears to be listed - I still need to get a copy of her obit.

It is possible that Albert is a relative. John's parents were born in Belgium, but John was born in NJ - but this is according to the 1880 census and we know how (in)accurate they can be...

I started looking at the soundex matches since there seem to be few Vaneikens before 1880 in the census records and John was (possibly) born in NJ.

I will get a copy of Mary's obit and look again for John in the listings and I'll check back here.

thanks for your input,
Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Vaneiken

Hi Charlie,
I am currently researching Albert P. VanEiken of Phillipsburg NJ, his wife Emma Jennie Smith and his descendants. I have some info on him and willing to share it. What is really strange is I also have a Mary A Bowlby in my tree, she was the first wife of my 2g-grandfather, Theodore S Dalrymple, aka Jackson Smith, who is also the father of Alberts wife Emma Jennie Smith. Please contact me at smith_family@wowway.com
Rhonda