Public Message Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What has happened in NAFI?

Being a new instructor holding a certificate for a couple weeks shy of a year, this event is very disappointing.

I was a NAFI member for five years before even receiving my CFI certificate. I saw it appropriate to draw from available resources and prepare myself for becoming an aviation educator in the truest sense of the phrase. I'm not here to log hours and certainly not because it involves a get-rich-quick scheme.

I believe it's important there be a national organization that holds credibility and is recognized by the federal agency that allows us the priviledge to practice this profession. It's apparent NAFI has lost one and is likely well on its way to losing the other.

I also believe it's important this organizaton facilitate and perpetuate growth in professionalism and exercise of safety followed by continued growth in knowledge. Without this, any such organization is worthless.

It is my hope this new organization follows these and greater pursuits. Kudos to those putting forth the effort and leading this process.