General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Individuals vs Organizations

Susan:

Very well stated.

The NAFI Board of Directors has, with their recent actions, turned NAFI into a empty shell that has no value, meaning or purpose.

I would agree with Susan. Very well articulated. The NAFI we joined years ago is not the NAFI we now have. Time for a change!

Susan:

You hit the nail right on the head. Bravo!
I sure would like to see NAFI go back to the way it use to be when members cared for members. Alas, it looks like it is time to begin anew.

Very well said.

I want the organization I described in a previous post... supporting growth in aviation education, professionalism and safety.

Was there a way to determine what the core group of NAFI members wanted in 2008? Sometimes organizations and systems drift from their charter, and we stand looking at a mishap site wondering what happened to the original design. The drift might also be part of a continuous improvement process, a good thing.
Time to dust off the original charter and adjust course as needed. Organizations sometimes try to become too many things to too many people in pursuit of dues dollars and get into power and control issues. If the organization grows with a focus on one or two core values, that is a good attribute. Small organizations have value also. This is why we have more than one Pilot Association.

While there is no "I" in Team, you can't spell Team without "me". I have no idea what that means :)

Semper gumby
Kent