Public Message Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Let's look to the future!

What's the future hold as far as a periodical with some of the writers that have benefitted Mentor? Are such writers on board with SAFE or beholden to NAFI?

I ask because I've been digging back through old issues from the last five years and finding a lot of value there.

Ironically, I just got my NAFI renewal notice that's not due until May 31st.

Re: Re: Let's look to the future!

Ken,
Although a hard copy magazine will probably come into being somewhere down the road, more importantly the SAFE website is working on implementing a members only library where you will be able to not only share files, but also have access to the highest quality content available on the web, provided by many of the very same writers that have contributed to Mentor in the past. We expect to have Power Point presentations, articles, spreadsheets, etc. written and created by the most respected instructors in the country. This will probably prove to be one of the more regarded benefits of membership in SAFE.

I suspect that you will find that most, if not all, of the writers you refer to already are members of SAFE. No one is beholden to NAFI!

Thanks for asking.

Doug Stewart

Re: Let's look to the future!

Well, I wrote the cover article for the May 2006 issue of Mentor, and hope to be able to contribute to SAFE publications when the opportunity arrises. I'm sure others will want to do the same.
- Tim