Public Message Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Increasing Membership

My understanding is that anyone in the aviation business that is an instructor or educator of any kind teaching an aviation related course(s), may be a member. That would include for example:

aviation maintenance trainers
simulator instructors
aviation professors and instructors
ground school instructors (junior college)
teaching or instructing members of ALEA
teaching or instructing members of AAMS

Just to name a few

Re: Re: Increasing Membership

Mike,

You are correct! SAFE's by-laws allow for four classes of membership. The one you are referring too comes under Section 2.03 Aviation Educator: Any individual who is an Aviation Educator or has an interest in aviation education is eligible for membership.

Best Regards,
Mark Adams
Interim Governance Committee Chairman

Greetings.. I've recently found this site and have been following the progress of this new entity with interest. However this particular thread has me a little dismayed. I've come to the conclusion that i'd like to become a CFI. While it will take time, i am always looking for information to build on, and i have a question for you : Why would you only consider someone who is already an educator or aviation instructor for membership? What about those of us that would benefit by membership, are interested in this profession, and have a love of aviation? Are we to be excluded simply because we have not achieved the same goals? I was an auto mechanic for over 25 years, and im tired of turning wrenches.. started learning to fly, and had to stop because of financial considerations. I now find my self in a position to make a change and i want to find the greatest sources of info i can. Maybe i didn't read something correctly, but i sent an email through the contact us link, and a Rich Stowell replied with the content that i was welcome, and i should check back often as the site is still being built. So, which is it? If i misread something, then by all means, correct me.
Thanks, Martin.

Hi Martin,

Maybe this will help clarify your concerns about who can be part of SAFE:

Ground Instructors
Flight Instructors
Avionics Instructors
Maintenance Instructors
Teachers/Professors in academia who teach aviation/aerospace programs

Basically, SAFE welcomes anyone and everyone who is, or has been, or would like to be involved in the art and science of educating others about aviation/aerospace. Section 2.03 -- Aviation Educator in the Bylaws adds:

"Any individual who is an Aviation Educator or has an interest in aviation education is eligible for membership."

I hope that helps broaden the definition of "aviation educators" sufficiently to show that we want to be all-inclusive. You are more than welcome here, Martin!

Rich

Hi Rich, Thank you for the reply, it does help.. The way I'd originally read it seemed to be exclusive to the industry only. So now if someone with a desire to learn about aviation, or wishes to go further than just a PPL like myself, i will certainly point them this way. Take care, Martin.