Public Message Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Martha's Vineyard no longer part of the U.S

The TSA called this morning to tell me that they had rejected our application to fly to Martha's Vineyard. They told me that Martha's Vineyard was not a domestic destination. That was news to me.

After some questioning, it turned out that the problem was "the wrong form." Apparently there was enough information on my form to correctly identify our request to fly to Martha's Vineyard, but not enough to approve it. I guess it was easier to reject the request rather than allow it to be fixed.

So it was back to typing all the information again. As a result of the rejection, we had to change the trip from Monday to Tuesday.

TSA is doing a bang-up job. If they can reject all the applications, then Martha's Vineyard will remain perfectly safe. Of course all the local merchants will go broke, but if you wanna make an omelet, you gotta break a few eggs.

Robert

Re: Martha's Vineyard no longer part of the U.S

I guess a certain VC-25 wasn't viewed as a threat to our freedom and domestic tranquility when it wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard.

There is so much inefficiency in government I'm amazed it doesn't collapse upon itself. At this point, I'm glad to have a set of great folks at our FSDO and to see IACRA working so much better than it used to.