Haitian Gays and Lesbians Alliance Inc.

Haitian Gays and Lesbians Alliance Inc.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What lounges or clubs do Haitian bi-women go to in nyc?

I'm a bi-curious female who is wondering what clubs or lounges do the bi Haitian women go to in nyc.
I keep hearing that there is an underground scene for Haitian women in the les community, does anyone know if this exist?

Re: What lounges or clubs do Haitian bi-women go to in nyc?

hmmmm? am not sure if their is a specific spot for bi's to hang out, but there are many lounges bar and clubs where memebers of the LGBT's in NYC hang out as I am sure you are aware of. I can't think of an underground bar per say. is there such thing? there are many bi's at the gatherings am sure someone can refer you to somewhere or maybe you should call members of the organization, they should be able to help you; the number is somewhere on the site

Good luck!

All cool places you will run into Haitian Gays and lesbians during the summer

12th Street Bar - 1123 Eighth Avenue (718) 965-9526 corner of 12th Street & Eighth Avenue)
South Slopers venturing into this small, dark bar with rock music blaring from the speakers, groovy light fixtures and tattooed clientele might never guess that it is affiliated to the unassuming and elegant restaurant next door. But they can turn a corner after having their delicate lemon chicken and unwind while rocking out with a cool draft at the bar, or even have their dinner delivered to them from two doors away by the restaurant wait staff. The only ambience carried over from the 12th Street Grill other than the food, are the wooden blinds on the windows and impressively large wooden doors. Otherwise, the younger set and close knit dog-loving locals have marked this joint their own neighborhood dive.

Cocotte Bar - 337 Fifth Avenue (718) 832-6848 (corner of 6th Street and Fifth Avenue)
The accompaniment to the French Restaurant Cocotte, the cinderblock walls of this bar beckon that it is anything but Provencal. Taking up little space on the block, the tiny sized bar offers an interesting collection of beers, wines and liquors, plus any number of delectable French goodies from the extensive restaurant menu. On Sundays, grab a seat away from the overflowing brunch crowd taking over the dining area and retire to the bar and enjoy their revered French toast in peace. A jelly jar chandelier and dark red draperies help balance out the post-industrial look of the bar, and the perky staff seems to be always in the mood for good conversation. With a small space like this, order your drink and be ready to yak.

Bar 4 - 444 Seventh Avenue (718) 832-9800 (corner of 15th Street & Seventh Avenue)
Proving that young and hip can also be comfortable and easy going is the atmosphere this Seventh Avenue hangout provides with its collection of big couches coupled with sexy, kitschy adult-themed game machines. Serving up cool mixed drinks like a zingy lemon drop martini and groovy tunes to mellow out on, this place also features the work of local artists on the walls. The crowd is a collection of young locals and cruising singles, getting into their groove on an otherwise quiet block.

Bar Reis - 375 Fifth Avenue (718) 832-5716
Walking into this place seems like walking into a large closet with a bar in it ala The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; venture further and you will discover all the dimensions of Bar Reis. Passing the quaint yet trendy looking wine-satiated bar on the left and following the staircase down will expose a full-sized industrial strength lounge, which becomes impermeably full on weekends. Accompanying concrete floors, black painted wooden benches and a live DJ is a large and fully stashed bar. There is a lovely outside courtyard from this level with a gazebo-like area for late night dawdling. Never you mind the sign posted that asks you keep the noise level down out of respect for neighbors, the DJ doesn’t seem to. The most hidden treasure of the mini complex is the small winding staircase on the main floor that leads up to a sneak away lounge which looks over the rest of the bar, perfect for small parties or to enjoy their Karaoke Thursdays.

Barbes - 376 9th Street (718) 965 9177 (corner of 9th Street and Sixth Avenue)
Offering more than the usual happy hour, this bar’s Traveling Cinema Series offers pubbers a free movie night every Monday at 9 p.m. Adding to the drama on the 16mm projector screen are the richly Moroccan themed interiors, mixing film elements with ethnic ingredients, giving a hip Agatha Christie feel to the scene. On weekends, expect an always unusual array of culturally diverse music as live bands play in the back of the candlelit room. The happy-go-lucky crowd is a mix of Slopers from every age range all out to enjoy some of the bar’s unusual draft offerings like Old Speckled Hen on tap.

Blah-Blah Lounge - 501 11th Street (718) 369-BLAH (corner of 11th Street & Seventh Avenue)
This place certainly earns a title of eclectic, transforming from a quiet poetry-reading hostelry or stand up comedy club on Wednesdays during their Open Mic night, into a swanked out lounge on the weekends. On Saturdays, the lounge factor is turned up with techno trance music streaming through the place and mobiles of plastic toys and whistles hanging from the ceiling. The large screen projector which plays movies on the back wall can be a distraction as are the fascinating antique love letters encased in the bar. Though the granny wall paper, color-changing bar and lava lamps might prove too shagadelic for some, the homey living-room style seating arrangements provide ample space for group night gatherings. RECENTLY CLOSED and re-opened as Applewood: a fine organic retaurant)

Cafe Ma - 428 Bergen (718) 638-0645 (Corner of Bergen and Fifth Avenue)
Large couch seating welcomes you into this great night cap loun

I am gonna check this bar. Haitian men are jerk, don't want to talk any other feminine guys and acting like hetero . Most Haitian guys I know they are in DL but They don't want to deal with feminine and between guys. Hell with them! I try to be friendly with them and get to know. I am not looking for relationship or sex and let them know we need their support and look after each other good and bad times!

Romel are you in NYC? how come we never see you in the meetings, its really a lot of fun you should try to come down and the guys are quiet cute and nice I might add.

Babe, I live in Brooklyn and hate missing those meeting I gonna try to see all of you guys next meeting. I 'll be there soon as I can.

Romel the meetings are in Brooklyn call me up for more info

When do you guys have the meetings maybe i can tell my friend about it, sounds like fun

well i know cattyshack in brooklyn its on 4th ave between union and presidents... on fridays its always the bomb

You still go there? I hear it boring now, is it true?

its not boring, depends on who u are with and i know some cool clubs down at williamsburg... we should make a night out for all of the members

sounds great Blondyne,congratulations. you just volunteer to put next week's night out together,lol,lmao don't forget to call everyone.

Thank you

Johanne

Hey Blondyne noone has call me yet, are we still doing this? whats up chica

hey E i just wanna no if u r taking coz am looking 4 some one nice hope u the one so email me back plz

hi my name is cathy from north providence RI i am bisexual,single for now.but my question is .are there any other haitians in RI that are out of the closet or even still in the closet that i can talk to? i have never date a haitian woman before because they all in hiding..can someone please let me know or at try to get in touch with me....my email add is.cathy6816@aol.com....or alexie382000@yahoo.com.thank u much and God Bless