Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Forum: Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: iloveamerica

Todd owns the auto ranch and is a great American. His gun deal makes me think it's time to trade in my old 4/4 Ford for a new F250 4/4. I love this land and will protect it's honor from all that oppose it.
How's that Wayne?

TJ

ps: was back in the woods today , saw two cow elk, 12 turkey and one big 5 point mule deer. I was carrying a 45 and a 410 lever action (Winchester model 9410)just in case I saw some grouse or maybe the nice wolf.....

Got my hunting spot zeroed in for Oct.

Sorry you all can't be here...

TJ -

You don't have to go out in the woods to find turkeys.

Problem with the city turkeys is that some of them are infected with incurable vandalism.

Hey! Not all turkeys are the kind you think. Check these out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HokieBird

Most of us older alums think the "Hokie Bird" is kind of contrived and would like VT to go back to its roots, "The Fighting Gobblers."

Warren may be right. At least my research seems to show it can't be cured with hops and barley. So, Terry... would any of the rest of us know Todd? MH native or such?

Idahokie -

I know how you feel about hanging on to the tried and true things from the past, but "idafightinggobbler" doesn't have the same ring to it as "idahokie"....not to mention it's a bear to type

"Hokie" has always been one of our nicknames. What I object to is dropping "Fightin' Gobblers" completely.

It's kind of like Notre Dame dropping "Irish" from its nickname after Ireland joined the EU and began calling themselves the "Fighting Europeans."

He's a lot younger than us, he is Pop Tischendorf's neighbor and has been a good friend to our family. You can see him on TV doing the commercials. A real good family man and a big help when Ma Tish was dieing with cancer.

TJ

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Tools