Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chief Sam

Sad news that I'll post on Wayne's behalf. He's usually the one to alert us to our parents' and friends' passing but this time it hits right at home for him and he may not feel inclined to post here just yet.

Wayne's Father, Sam, passed away a couple of days ago. His funeral will be later next week, possibly Friday or Saturday. I'm still waiting for final word on the exact date.

Chief Sam was a great guy, one many of you will remember from Scouts. He gave generously of his time and resources so we could have wonderful times as Scouts.

I really liked Chief Sam and Beulah, who preceded him. I cannot recall a time when he was not smiling and welcomed me warmly whenever I came to his house or visited him in later years during my trips to Idaho.

RIP.

Re: Chief Sam

Tentative plans for Chief Sam's funeral. Will confirm when Wayne tells me they're finalized:

Visitation Thursday evening, August 23, at the Dakan Funeral Home, 504 South Kimball Avenue, Caldwell.

Burial: Friday morning, August 24, Canyon Hill Cemetery, 2024 North Illinois Avenue, Caldwell.

More sad news. Sam was a great guy and one of the best Scout leaders in the state. Fond memories of Sam running the show at all those Camp Wilson events like the pro that he was. Wayne, I would love to be at the services but will be on the Oregon coast with the family. I will start a fire on the beach using only flint and steel in his memory. Or maybe a bow drill.

Thanks, Richard. He would love that.

Very sorry Wayne, You have lots of memories to review and I hope they bring you some comfort.

I talk to my dad in the middle of the night and it's like being their with him at that moment.

We will never forget what we had with our Dads. It was wonderful.

TJ

Per Wayne, "Things are firm for a visitation 6-8 Thursday and graveside 11 Friday."

Visitation Thursday evening, August 23, 6-8, at the Dakan Funeral Home, 504 South Kimball Avenue, Caldwell.

Burial: Friday morning, 11 AM, August 24, Canyon Hill Cemetery, 2024 North Illinois Avenue, Caldwell.

Wayne, My sympathies and condolences go out to you. Sorry I did not make the services, I was in Idaho, but in the hills out of touch hunting antelope. Sam was good people (my highest rating) and I have fond memories of him. Warm hugs brother.

Jerry

So sorry to hear of your loss, my friend. Sounds like he was a great guy.
I lost my Dad 20 years ago and it still feels recent. I think of something every day I would love to ask or tell him. Hugs and prayers of comfort for you and your family.
Marsha