Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hurricane Sandy

This particular branch of the MHHS Alumni Association weathered Hurricane Sandy without any consequential consequences. We lost about 15 feet of the top of a 60 foot oak tree in our back yard, but it fell without coming near the house.

I think Joan and John M., up in Pennsylvania, are getting a worse pummeling than we got. I haven't seen any posts from them and hope they are OK.

Much of the rest of the East Coast, from Virginia up to Maine, got varying degrees of wind, water, and damage, and it was such a massive storm that it's whipping up Lake Michigan.

We're ready for some of that wonderful fall East Coast weather that we were looking forward to, with leaves changing color, cool, dry air, and comfortable Saturday and Sunday afternoons stretched out in the easy chair taking in all the football available.

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Both my sons and husband were in PA during Sandy, my oldest lives in a flood plain and although he lost power for 4 days it didn't flood as bad as during Irene. My husband with him and after the 2nd day my son sent his father to my sister-in-law who lives in Lancaster they had some high winds but hardly any rain and she had power. My youngest was in Pittsburg and only had wind and rain.