Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PEEPS!!

Peeps Rule!!

A food group all by themselves!!

Getting my annual quota today!

http://www.peepsandcompany.com/sweet-treats?gclid=COnr0bD3p7YCFUqoPAodmzEA-Q

Re: PEEPS!!

Just guessing you had a Marlboro 100 menthol in the other hand and a large tumbler of good Scotch near by. And people say I have bad habits??

I can't afford good scotch.

Have you tried Peeps bread?

Got a recipe? If it works in my bread machine, I'll give it a shot.

That would probably be the end of the bread machine...gum up the works!

So are we saying Peeps bread is an alternative when good Scotch isn't in the budget?? I'd do cheap Scotch before taking a chance on fouling the $$$$ bread maker. This isn't going anywhere.

This looks like too much work. I just want to throw it into the machine and let 'er rip.

Besides. I don't think I have a bundt pan.

PS: I just found a bottle of scotch I got for Christmas. I hid it and then forgot where. I'm set for a while now.

I just made a couple of loaves of bread in the machine using some cheese and herbs I bought at the Union Market downtown. Great Petit Basque sheep cheese.

Here's the recipe for Peeps bread for anyone who wants to try it.

Marshmallow Peeps Monkey Bread

Dough:

2 cans (16.3 ounces) reduced fat buttermilk biscuits (or homemade recipe)

Coating:

3/4 cup pink granulated sugar*
16 pink marshmallow Peep bunnies
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Lightly spray a 9″ circular pan, bread pan, bundt pan, or other pan of choice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Open both cans of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths. Set aside.
With a pair of tweezers or scissors, gently remove Peep bunnys’ eyes and noses.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow Peeps, butter, and vanilla extract on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth.
Lightly dip each biscuit fourth into marshmallow mixture, letting excess syrup drip off. Roll lightly in pink sugar and place in prepared pan. Repeat with all remaining biscuit fourths.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.

* Note: To make pink sugar, combined 3/4 cup sugar and 1-3 drops red food coloring in a Ziploc bag. Shake, occasionally squishing any red sugar clumps that form, until a light pink hue is reached.

Re: This looks like too much work. I just want to throw it into the machine and let 'er rip.

It takes a big man to admit he has to hide his liquor from himself. As always... very proud of you.

Re: This looks like too much work. I just want to throw it into the machine and let 'er rip.

Not myself, old buddy. Hiding it from the hordes of visitors and offspring who seem to think what's mine is theirs. The last time I had a terrific bottle of scotch like this, I had one drink and then two relatives who shall remain nameless guzzled the rest of it before the next day. I was a tad cross when I found it all gone. Since then, I've taken to squirreling the stuff away. CRS syndrome helps make it last that much longer.

Given what I know about the habits of the Irish I'll have to believe you.