Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paradise

Great photo! Brings back a lot of fun memories. Probably a large number of us learned to swim there. I distinctly remember the inner tube burns.

Re: Paradise

Yep, all of our 4 kids learned how to swim at Paradise. Those were good times, especially on Camp Wilson weekend when it seemed the whole town showed up for a swim. You could swim all day for one measly buck. Too bad it's closed and locked up for good.

My daughter got to swim there in the late 70s. For a long time after it went private, they'd usually let you in.
I remember the scrapes from the long metal valve stems, especially those on the old airplane tire tubes. Lot's of fun though.
I don't think we ever made a trip to the cabin that didn't include a trip to Paradise, except maybe during deer season.
I still miss the cabin, but at least we have the memories. Some even still have the scars too. :-)

Speaking of the cabin, I haven't been up around that area for quite a few years, but the last time I went by they still haven't done anything to the property. We were asked (or told) to vacate (if I remember right) so that they could make it a camp ground. I now wish we would have offered to buy. It was a great location and we did have some great times (bruises, scrapes, scars and all).

You remember right , Tom. The Forest Service gave us 30 days to remove, move or otherwise get rid of the cabin or they would burn it down for us.
And they still haven't built anything in there. Somebody dozed up a huge berm across the road just above where the two story cabin stood and there are private property signs on it.

My parents leased Paradise from Jo and Harry Greby from 1953 to 1961. What a great place to grow up. That is where all 5 of us kids learned to swim, help out in the cafe,and run the little snack bar by the pool. We rented swimming suits,towels and sold pop and candy. Loved it when the boy scouts week cam along. Great BBQ LOL Fun times for all Miss it alot. There is a picture in the 62-63 year book with my sister Kathy, Russ hagen and Bub Linthecum( sorry misspelled) at the little snack bar. Didn't realize how many people have such great memories of the pool. The old wooden diving board on the giant log, had to replace the diving board a few times, lol

Hey Karen. Karen and her family lived across the street from us in Wherry Housing at MHAFB. Our folks became great friends and we all spent days having fun at Paradise. I remember when you all moved down the road to Ballentine's (I think that was the name of the place). Your dad and mine cleaned out the bar a few times when the patrons got too rowdy. Those two men could kick some assetts. Great fun and loved that time in our lives.

Hin Terry, Yep we all had some good times there . Brings back great memories. Yes it was Ballintynes that we went to next. wWe also ran Deer Creek for a few summers. Sure miss you and all yur family. We did have some great times.

Some of those inner tubes ( the really big ones) my dad brought from the flight line at the air base. They were a blaqst. Could fit a bunch of us on the one giant tube. What fun.

Hi all.Have a question about Paradise. My sister is commong up from Utah and wants to go up featherville and paradise. Does anyone know if the motel and resterant are stillopenand if you can go to paradise? Thanks

The latest I've heard is it's still owned by a family that's pretty friendly but it's not " open ". Maybe if you could catch up with them and talk about your connection they would let you nose around. Seems to be that for them to re-open to the public they would have to line the pool with concrete and do the chlorine thing. Makes you wonder how we all survived the 60's. Too bad for our grandkids. Both Featherville and the golf course just before it have food-drink-lodging as do Pine and Fall Creek. Hope you can put it together. Still beautiful up there.

Good times up there. If you make it up there and see Bob T. with a fork in his hand, duck!

Thank You so Much....Yes it is a shame those 9 years we leased Paradise were the best summers we ever had. Our grandkids are relly missing out. Yep amazing how we made it living up tere. We drank from the creek and took baths in the pool and river.... great times