Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey Buddy

I would love to hear how you ran into the two Beach Boys and how you got 'em to sign your dash.

Re: Hey Buddy

Hi everyone. Two weeks before the concert, I decided to try and send an e-mail to the band to ask if the original 2 would autograph my dash. After some searching, I found a e-mail that was linked to the band so I sent an e-mail to that address stating I was a Veteran, was a big fan since they started, had their first 7 albums, which I took with me to show them and that would be the greatest birthday present of my life. Well a week went by and finally I got a answer from the address that I sent my request to and it turns out he is the keyboard player and the road manager. Also attached was a e-mail from Mike Love to him saying he would be happy to do it. Met them one at a time after their sound check, introduced myself and my wife to them and thanked them for taking the time to do this for me. They really liked the car as it does look a little 50ish built and Mikes wife loved the color. In a nut shell, go after your dreams, ask for what you would like to get, even though it maybe far fetched and you just might get it. I sure would like to drive it to the reunion, if I can come, but with no ac, it might be a little warm inside.haha. Buddy Mello.

Re: Hey Buddy

Very cool, it's nice to hear that 2 of the original Boys aren't snobs. Great story, thanks Buddy.