Return to Website

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board

A Friendly Gathering Spot for Members of the MHHS Classes of 64 and 65 and Anyone Else Who Attended MHHS.

Mountain Home High School Classes of 1964 and 1965 Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedy

Gentle reader,the first blush of spring is coming to southern Idaho. The first shoots of grass are sprouting green. The tree buds are swelling, through there are no catkins yet. TJ and I are already talking about our first fishing trip. I was at the market last week so I asked the butcher for dog bones. One butcher called to the other butcher and told him of my request. They both came over to me smiling. I knew I they were going to have sport with me. They told me that they had no dog bones because they had not butchered any dogs in years. They cracked up laughing. I was glad I could provide them with a little entertainment. There is a meat wrapper that works with the butchers. Her husband is a cowboy and I have worked for them down in Hammett. I believe small town residents are natural story tellers. She told the story of her husband passing out salami to friends and acquaintance. When they ate and enjoyed the food he would tell the that they were eating Speedy. He told them Speedy was his favorite horse and had stepped in a badger hole and broke a leg. Now Speedy was salami sticks. We all laughed when she told of the different reactions from different salami eaters. Next week I am going to the produce isle to see what kind of mischief lurks there. Life is good.

Re: Speedy

Glad your back, I was looking to see if you would spread these little pearls of wisdom again. Snow is getting deeper and Sue and I have been shoveling since my plow broke (parts arrive in 3 days). We shoveled 8 inch snow for about 3 hrs today to open up the entrances to the house. She kept saying you need to take a break your puffing... I like puffing.

tj :alien: