WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lawrence Krauss speaking about why religion is outdated in the 21st century

Sure, you may seem to be an expert when it comes to outdating the Abrahamic religions, but what about any of the Eastern religions?

You're not an expert in science and/or religion if you can't explain this quote from Albert Einstein.

"Science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind."

Re: Lawrence Krauss speaking about why religion is outdated in the 21st century

Albert Einstein: "I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.... I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one." https://web.archive.org/web/20020126112239/http://www.skeptic.com/archives50.html

I said the same when I too was an atheist. You've got to understand, what we were at the beginning isn't necessarily what we are in the end. Some of us with desire and effort move on.

In studying the systems of philosophy, it is necessary that the mind adopt a discipline of impartiality and sobriety.
It must then be raised to an exalted mental condition through the process of reasoning. This intellectual function is required for the comprehension of recondite and invisible truths of matter and nature.

The God we both (myself & Einstein) come to know now isn't personal. He doesn't intervene in any man's personal affair.

Again, moron, you're the one dropping comments on an atheist site and making claims about a magic invisible sky daddy. If you aren't intellectually prepared to defend your absurd claims, whose fault is that? “The burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitchens%27s_razor

This is great, finally a moron debating an idiot. Well, atheist seems to have a problem also and I know they aren't stupid. Can you figure it out?

Here is some help - "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell If you can't whose fault is that?

Dr. Carl Sagan, “Science is more than a body of knowledge. It is a way of thinking; a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility. If we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we're up for grabs for the next charlatan, political or religious, who comes ambling along.” https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/962093-science-is-more-than-a-body-of-knowledge-it-is

I will go with Einstein any day! "Science without religion is lame and science without religion is blind." Albert Einstein

If you can't figure out what this genius is saying here, whose fault is it? Let me help you. It means there is a religion that is an authority to answer any question where science fails.

Yes, go with Einstein, who said, "I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.... I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one." https://web.archive.org/web/20020126112239/http://www.skeptic.com/archives50.html Albert Einstein: “The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.” https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/04/physicist-albert-einstein-god-letter-reflecting-on-religion-up-for-auction-christies Albert Einstein, “For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/04/physicist-albert-einstein-god-letter-reflecting-on-religion-up-for-auction-christies

You're reading and writing alright but you're not thinking.
"Science without religion is lame........" Einstein as an atheist knew that science didn't have all the answers.

It is the reason he turned to philosophy (Vedic) to find them. He has contributed in some ways to my thinking as an atheist and now I'm no longer stuck in a ****hole as you fellas are.

I'm now among the select few. "Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Einstein

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls." - Albert Einstein, Einstein, The World as I See It, pg. 7

It is not God, which he found out later in life as I did, that punishes and rewards his creatures.

The universe is governed by two laws, (1 the laws of nature which deal with the physical world, and the (2 laws of Karma which deals with the spiritual world. What you sow that you reap. We are naturally evil which is inherent in matter, which is eternal.

Thus he sent us instructions (Vedas) so that those with effort and desire can practice virtue.

So where's your evidence for a MAGIC INVISIBLE SKY GENIE ? "The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof It doesn't matter how many people BELIEVE an absurd claim on faith. So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about the existence of gods , or that Jesus was a VIRGIN-BORN DEMIGOD WITH SUPERPOWERS and that his ROTTING CORPSE MAGICALLY RETURNED FROM THE DEAD before levitating bodily into outer space, or evidence for the talking snake, talking donkey, 900-year-old men, etc. LOL!

I was an atheist also (20 years) and I spent another 20 years in research (study and practice) because of my desire to know the truth. So if you're looking for evidence, start now and perhaps in 20 years, like me, you will find it.

There is no shortcut to wisdom.
"In studying the systems of philosophy the mind must first adopt a discipline of sobriety and impartiality."

You might want to start there and then start your investigation here

"An example of the fallacy of appealing to an authority in an unrelated field would be citing Albert Einstein as an authority for a determination on religion when his primary expertise was in physics." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority "The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE

Certainly, he was always an expert in physics, but unlike the others in his field, he went further because physics couldn't give him the answers. He went on with his own effort and desire to seek the truth. "Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Einstein So you can continue to sit on your backside and wait for evidence.

"An example of the fallacy of appealing to an authority in an unrelated field would be citing Albert Einstein as an authority for a determination on religion when his primary expertise was in physics." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority "The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE
Show less

Certainly, he was always an expert in physics, but unlike the others in his field, he went further because physics couldn't give him the answers. He went on with his own effort and desire to seek the truth. "Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Einstein So you can continue to sit on your backside and wait for evidence.

I just cannot understand why they do all of this to a "****tard".

​Ok, forget Einstein for while, what do you think of my other friend Bertrand Russell?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

Yes, I agree that the problem is that you're so confident in the existence of a god despite having NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER , because you're stupid. Let me know when you actually find some evidence for your claim of an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY FAIRY . "The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
Albert Einstein: “I am, of course, and have always been an atheist…It is always misleading to use anthropomorphical concepts in dealing with things outside the human sphere—childish analogies.” https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25260/lot/1252/

Even Einstein is confident - "science without religion is lame" - why can't you follow in his footsteps? Of course, it doesn't happen overnight you know. He was an atheist and so was I. You have to be patient and try to forget for a while that you're smarter than he is.

Be ready to instantly reject any ideology you hold and see yourself as a child, inquisitive, honest and innocent, free of prejudice and bigotry, in pursuit of this truth as Albert Einstein rightly explains it.

"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.
We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." The search for truth begins with a functional intellect."

Originally Answered: Between creation and evolution theory, which one seems to be true, and why?
Well one of them is supported by mountains of evidence from multiple scientific disciplines—over 6 million papers on Google scholar

One of them is a myth written in the bronze age,,,,,, that contradicts available evidence

I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which

The one supported by “mountain of evidences” is still weak considering it doesn’t conform to natural laws.

"We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Albert Einstein

Meaning, a dim understanding of these laws isn’t enough to validate the theory of evolution.

What ‘natural laws’ do you think it doesn't conform to?

Do you really know how the laws of nature work?

Every event in nature is steady (repetitive). Meaning, if man evolve from an ape and as long as there are apes the event must continue.

Burden of proof!

"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE

Vijai Singh

Every event in nature is steady (repetitive). Meaning, if man evolve from an ape and as long as there are apes the event must continue.
Again,, I wonder what ‘laws of nature’ specifically you refer to?

There is nothing in any law of nature that says because one group of apes evolved into humans that other apes must to.

Yes, evolution will, and must, continue,,,,,,,,, but since the driving mechanism is random variation,,,,, repetition of any particular outcome is not to be expected

Re: Burden of proof!

Myth Buster
"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove." https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE
This is philosophy my friend and if you're not intellectually prepared for the proof, it will not take hold.

"In studying the systems of philosophy, it is necessary that the mind adopt a discipline of impartiality and sobriety. It must then be raised to an exalted mental condition through the process of reasoning. This intellectual function is required for the comprehension of recondite and invisible truths of matter and nature."

Einstein found that "INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE" because he embraced sobriety and impartiality which led to serious inquiries into the Vedic philosophy.

Ric D
Vijai Singh

Again,, I wonder what ‘laws of nature’ specifically you refer to?

There is nothing in any law of nature that says because one group of apes evolved into humans that other apes must to.

Yes, evolution will, and must, continue,,,,,,,,, but since the driving mechanism is random variation,,,,, repetition of any particular outcome is not to be expected
I’m referring to the laws of nature which only one philosophy (Vedic) can enlighten us to how it works.

Does science know the origin of natural laws?

As I said before, every event occurring in nature is repetitive or steady. Just as the steady cause of rain is from the clouds, the same it must be for the ape evolving into a human.

"We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Einstein

My debate on evolution

Vijai Singh
Myth Buster
\"The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.\" https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE
This is philosophy my friend and if you're not intellectually prepared for the proof, it will not take hold.

"In studying the systems of philosophy, it is necessary that the mind adopt a discipline of impartiality and sobriety. It must then be raised to an exalted mental condition through the process of reasoning. This intellectual function is required for the comprehension of recondite and invisible truths of matter and nature."

Einstein found that "INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE" because he embraced sobriety and impartiality which led to serious inquiries into the Vedic philosophy.
Hey moron, in philosophy you have a burden of proof: "the one who makes the claim typically has a burden of proof to justify or substantiate that claim...This is also stated in Hitchens's razor, which declares that 'what may be asserted without evidence, may be dismissed without evidence.' Carl Sagan proposed a related criterion – 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence’” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy) So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE , you credulous doofus.

Myth Buster, why does this "moron" have to worry when he knows his faith is in harmony with reasoning and science and in conformity with the laws of nature.

You're the idiot looking for evidence and as I said before an idiot cannot be immediately transformed into an enlightened person overnight by any kind of evidence. So unless you're willing to do some serious inquiry there is nothing else I can do.

Note! There is no cure for a fool.

Are you suggesting that every time it's rain its happens exactly the same way? Every time there's a storm, earthquake, volcano,, its identical to previous ones? Every time you roll a dice 5 times,, it will produce the same series of 5 numbers?

That's obviously bull****.

There is absolutely nothing about the laws of nature or evolution that suggests apes should continue evolve into humans.

It betrays a deep misunderstanding of evolution to think so.

Yes. I've looked at you site.

Its wrong on just about everything

Rick, the Laws of Nature is “bull****” to those who have only a dim or no understanding of it.

No, it doesn’t have to produce the same results, but that’s way it is. Just as the reproductive element is the cause of the physical body, but not all are of the same weight, height, gender, intelligence, etc.

Your science of evolution of man from an ape is an ‘act’ of nature sir. It just cannot be an exception.

You’re the one being betrayed by Darwin who failed in his understanding of natural laws.

Is that how smart you are? Who do you know became an authority in what they do by just looking?

I’ll make it simple, just give one example and not everything

Vijai Singh
Myth Buster, why does this "moron" have to worry when he knows his faith is in harmony with reasoning and science and in conformity with the laws of nature.

You're the idiot looking for evidence and as I said before an idiot cannot be immediately transformed into an enlightened person overnight by any kind of evidence. So unless you're willing to do some serious inquiry there is nothing else I can do.

Note! There is no cure for a fool.
You're a deluded old fool who's close to death and wants to believe in debunked ancient mythology. Go ahead! There's nothing too stupid for humans to believe on faith. But if you claim you have EVIDENCE for a god...you're a liar, which is plain to see on this thread. What do I care if some man claimed that "science without religion is lame"? That proves a god? LOL!

None of which has anything to do with your claim that apes should be continuing to evolve into humans because of some natural law.

Your claim is very simply and clearly wrong

Myth Buster, in my case "deluded old fool" is termed wise and a wise man close to death is a better life to come. Not the same for a faith that is in harmony with reasoning and science and in conformity to natural laws. Einstein wasn't only "some man". He was a genius in his time and your argument for or against God is with him. To the ignorant, it may not prove a God, but the "religion" is the source of all that is known through science. Simply put, you're not ready for evidence of my kind when comes to true philosophy.

Ric D
None of which has anything to do with your claim that apes should be continuing to evolve into humans because of some natural law.

Your claim is very simply and clearly wrong
In your ignorant state how would you know it has nothing to do with my claim?

The law doesn’t only say the event must be steady, but progression is always downward. Meaning, human civilization could not have had its origin from a primitive state.

"We owe a lot to Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." Albert Einstein

We gave the world science and philosophy by which the laws of nature is known.

Vijai Singh

Myth Buster, in my case "deluded old fool" is termed wise and a wise man close to death is a better life to come. Not the same for a faith that is in harmony with reasoning and science and in conformity to natural laws. Einstein wasn't only "some man". He was a genius in his time and your argument for or against God is with him. To the ignorant, it may not prove a God, but the "religion" is the source of all that is known through science. Simply put, you're not ready for evidence of my kind when comes to true philosophy.
"Hitchens's razor, which declares that 'what may be asserted without evidence, may be dismissed without evidence.' Carl Sagan proposed a related criterion – 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence’” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy) So let me know when you find some evidence to support absurd claims about an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE

Myth Buster, you may think you're intelligent but it is only those (a select few) who know and understand the functions of natural laws that are an authority on what is scientifically/theologically true or false.

"It is that in the ruder stages of civilization when the laws of nature are little known and but little understood when mankind has not enough of the experience of the world, strict methods of correct reasoning are very seldom observed." Swami Dayanand

Albert Einstein agrees - "We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws."

What a surprise---no evidence whatsoever for an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE ! Let me know when you find some...moron. You know credulous theists are desperate when they use the Einstein fallacy! "An example of the fallacy of appealing to an authority in an unrelated field would be citing Albert Einstein as an authority for a determination on religion when his primary expertise was in physics." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
Show less

Buster Every time I laid out a post on philosophy, it is backed up with evidence, and so far you've failed to comment on it. So really whose fault is it?

You'd be surprised that my friend, not only the credulous theists have a problem but also intelligent atheists. "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell.

Einstein was definitely not "stupid" nor did he, like me, choose to remain "intelligent". His quest to know the truth set him above his "expertise in physics" and this is what he finally came with "science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind."

And as I said in the previous post, it is only a religion that understands natural laws is an authority on what is scientifically or theologically true or false. "We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Albert Einstein

Hey credulous ******** absurd supernatural claims are not evidence. And you keep quoting people who have no evidence for a 'god', which is a logical fallacy. You know credulous theists are desperate when they use the Einstein fallacy! "An example of the fallacy of appealing to an authority in an unrelated field would be citing Albert Einstein as an authority for a determination on religion when his primary expertise was in physics." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
Show less

That's exactly what an imbecile would call one propagating truth. The problem isn't quoting Einstein, but explaining what he meant by "science without religion is lame..." or "we owe Indians a lot who taught us how to count...."

I was of the opinion one who is capable of busting mythology would be able to handle it quite easily. Of course, any fool could see him as an expert in physics, but it takes only an enlightened person to see him as a philosopher.

"Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Albert Einstein

What's wrong with the evidence I have on my site? Don't tell me it's not there as that's where I found it.

Again, moron, 'some guy said so' is not EVIDENCE for an INVISIBLE MAGIC SKY GENIE , it's simply an unsubstantiated claim.

So why are you asking me for evidence? Won't it end up being "some guy said so" also? Truth can only take hold beginning with an impartial mind.

You, my friend, haven't reached there yet. "Science without religion is lame...." Albert Einstein - Explain this! Here is the guy that gave me the evidence.