WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Evolution

Evolution helps foxglove to thrill a hummingbird
After spending hours watching foxgloves Charles Darwin concluded that only bumblebees were capable of pollinating them. Now comes news that would surely have delighted the great naturalist:thetimes.co.uk

Re: Evolution

Darwin was ignorant of natural laws which call for every event in nature to be steady.

"We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Albert Einstein

No, Vijai, you're ignorant. Your appeals to authority won't change this.

Hey Bro what's up? How come you keep disappearing all the time?

My authority is a philosophy which conforms to the laws of nature.

"We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Einstein

Don't act chummy.
No it isn't. It's pseudointellectual nonsense and appeal to authority fallacies.
You'll never start the little cult you seek so desperately.

The wise are never be "chummy" with either the stupid or the intelligent?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

No cult! The wise are always alone in their journey to altruistic achievements.

No, you want a cult.
You want worshipers to rub your ego, call you "wise" and proclaim your nonsense.

You aren't wise, you've never been wise, and until you drop that self-righteous manner, as that quote states, you will never be wise.

Shove it up your arse, Vijai.

Ah, back to this **** again?
Drop the script, all you're doing is proving you're incapable of learning.

Well it seems you like the smell of it.

That's what Confucius meant by "Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change".

Wisdom is the end of learning.

Quoting Confucius won't make you his equal, no matter how desperately you want that to be the case.

There is no end to learning, period.

If you don't know who is wise how would you know his equal and if you don't know what wisdom is, how would you know there is no end to learning?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

Again, drop the script. You're so desperate for attention it's pathetic.
The fame of others will never rub off on you, no matter how much you quote them.

The Pope is famous and so is Darwin!
Do you really think I'm looking to be either of them?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. Russell

I support those whose thoughts are in harmony with mine.

Yes, you clearly are looking to be famous.
The ironic bit is you're so sure of yourself, yet you keep repeating a quote which calls you stupid.

No, you quote people because you can't argue on your own. You're an intellectual midget with delusions of grandeur.

It's necessary to repeat it for the ignorant.
The quote is saying the world is in trouble because the "stupid are cocksure" and the "intelligent are full of doubt".

It will remain so because "No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

You definitely aren't full of doubt.

A fool's problem is not to listen to understand but to listen to reply.

You only pretend to understand.

That One Red Snifit from Super Mario Bros. 2

You only pretend to understand.
It is the "stupidest" who would say the wise can change.

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." Confucius

Stop quoting people, Vijai, they don't agree with you. Unlike them you have made zero contribution to humanity, you just try to rub your ego and preach garbage.

And what is your contribution?
Here is mine, take it or leave it.
"The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it." Ayn Rand

That isn't a contribution, that's pseudointellectual waffling.

This is my contribution, the truth of the origin of matter, the universe, human civilization, science, language and above all the functions of natural laws.

Where is yours?

Not a single one of the claim you make there can be backed by even a shred of evidence.
Your little religion is no better than Christianity, and the fact that you'd so arrogantly make such claims in the face of modern science makes you worse than those who preach the Bible.

And what is the evidence the universe came out of nothing?

If you knew anything of my religion you wouldn't compare it with Christianity where "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

You are very lazy when it comes to thinking.

None, and no one claimed it did.
No, I will comparing it to Christianity, because it's just another con attempt.

You talk about a moron! Check out L. Krauss book "A universe from nothing".

And yet you can't explain this, "Science without religion is lame....." Einstein
Dawkins and Krauss will never engage me; have much to lose; unlike you a coward, they a have a name and a face.

His book doesn't discuss nothing, it discusses the quantum physics in a perfect void. It's a metaphor, dumbarse.
I have explained it before: it is wrong.
No, they will never engage with you because you're a deluded old egotistical fool who doesn't deserve the publicity.

And what would that make you & him when a "dumbarse" has the answers?

So you're claiming to be smarter than Einstein?
So why are you giving me the publicity by engaging me?

You don't have any answers, only poorly argued unsubstantiated claims on your trash blog.
Einstein was an authority on physics, nothing more. The opinions of someone on topics beyond their expertise are worthless.

No one's watching our engagement. You're getting nothing.

And yet you can't challenge any of those "poorly argued unsubstantiated claims". "Almost forgot "...stupidest of men never change." Confucius

Now as coward with no name & face, you're claiming to be an expert.
It is only the wise who can draw nectar (wisdom) from poison (fool).

Assertions without evidence can be dismissed without challenge. Until you back your claims I have no need to address a single one.
Not once have I made such a claim.

You aren't wise, you're just trying to con people into believing you are, we've already established that.

It would be of no use ".....the stupidest of men never change".

Then how do you know Einstein's expertise wasn't also philosophy?

"Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few."

You're yet to established who is wise.

Yes, you, the "stupidest" will not change, therefore you will not present evidence, because you know you can't.

People like you cherry pick a few quotes and paint him as an expert, but this argument is not about philosophy, it's about you making claims without backing them.

Yes, you, the "stupidest" will not change
Vj ~ You're yet to establish who is wise so how would you know who is the stupidest?

therefore you will not present evidence,
Vj ~ The wise know better in trying to present evidence to the stupidest.

People like you cherry pick a few quotes and paint him as an expert,
Vj ~ They may not be experts in the opinion of a fool, but they certainly make sense to me.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." Plato

It's not you, and that's all we need to know.

Also, don't try to pursue your favourite little tangent about bickering over the word "wise".
I'm not following it.

So, to the point: evidence.

You're cornered like a rat. No where to run eh!
How is evidence going to change that?

How is it possible to know who isn't wise, unless you know who is?

No, you're cornered.
All you're quotes and insults have failed you, and the only thing which will validate your argument is evidence.
Until you provide it you're just another wannabe cult leader trying to gather followers to their religion.

You're the one claiming to be wise by telling me who isn't wise.

Here is what my quotes have done for me

"Only the wisest the stupidest of men never change." Confucius

Until now, we're both the same way as when we started this dialogue.

No, I'm not. You're the only to have ever claimed to be wise.
Your quotes have done nothing beyond make you seem like a pretentious, self-righteous, attention seeking hypocrite.

No, as a matter of fact, we're not. You're losing this argument, and now you're backpedaling.

And how do you know I'm not?

The only way I can lose this argument is if you know who is wise.

How can I even begin to backpedal, when the wisest of men never change?

Because you've proven you aren't.
The wise don't wander around social media trying to promote their garbage blog.

No, you lost this argument when you refused to back your claims and tried to deflect.

You've been backpedaling ever since you were pressed for evidence.

This is philosophy, not science. It's higher because it has the answers science is looking for.

The evidence you're looking for lies with the wise, when you find one you've the evidence.

No, this is science.
If you are going to make claims regarding scientific topics you need to meet the standards of the scientific method.

Your blog has no evidence. You aren't wise, you're a con man.

Then your quarrel is with Einstein, dummy.
"Science without religion is lame...."

My blog is philosophy and your quarrel here, is with Confucius
"Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change."

Must be fun for a coward hiding behind a fake name.

No, my quarrel is with you. You're the one making grandiose statements and refusing to meet scientific standards.

No amount of quoting dead famous people will change this fact.

Another quote to irk a prejudicial mind.
"We owe a lot to Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." Albert Einstein

The Man Behind NASA’s Wright Brothers Moment On Mars Is IIT-Madras Alumnus Dr. Bob Balaram

Irrelevant.

"I‘m convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc. It doesn’t behoove us, who were only savages and barbarians when these Indian people were civilized & learned, to dispute their antiquity." Voltaire