WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Creator!

"Nothing can be made without a maker." Vedanta

Re: Creator!

Vijai Singh
"Nothing can be made without a maker." Vedanta
"Nothing can be made without a maker" ... ok....you have made a claim. Now prove it. By the way... you may want to read a book called "The blind watchmaker"

Are you saying without sight there is no maker?

"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking." Albert Einstein

No. Im not saying that at all and I have absolutely no idea why you would think that. We are done. Some people are too far gone to help.... you are one of them!

Seems like you want to see the Maker in action creating the universe as you see the makers of planes, autos, clocks, et.

As for me I see law, order, purpose & design which is enough to tell me it can't be done without a maker.

You're the one in doubt and I need help?

read the blind watchmaker and come back to me.... you are spouting lies and absolute rubbish

Paul
read the blind watchmaker and come back to me.... you are spouting lies and absolute rubbish
The origin of matter, the universe, soul, language, first civilization and most important the functions of natural laws.

That what's truth is for those who are full of doubt.

You don't understand how matter came to be....and you have no proof that a "Soul" exists. You are a one man echo chamber of your own made up "facts". You have no idea about the quotes you throw around and are quite simply absolutely 100% barking mad.

What do you've on the subject of matter

And for the soul

If not, go bury your head in the sand and continue a life, full of doubt.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

Absolute gibberish. Lots of assertions with absolutely no supporting evidence. Many words but absolutely nothing of value stated.

Obviously, the conclusion of one full of doubt!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

more meaningless words. Come back to me when you have....well....anything ....

You're the one doing the coming back Paul.

Perhaps you find a fascination with "meaningless words."

people regularly slow down to view car crashes....this is no different.

Dr. A. Wallace was the first to strike down the Evolution Theory.
"The Veda admittedly the oldest book in the library of mankind contains the essential teachings of the most advanced religious thinkers and is a vast system of religious teachings which are pure and lofty."

Dr who? Never heard of them. And its not the oldest book....2 lies in one post....you going for a record or something?

One of the originators of the Physical Evolution Theory, Dr. A. R. Wallace was the first to strike down the Social Evolution Theory. He rightly affirmed that: "The Veda admittedly the oldest book in the library of mankind contains the essential teachings of the most advanced religious thinkers and is a vast system of religious teachings which are pure and lofty."

He further wrote in "Social Environment and Moral Progress," strongly refuting the social and moral evolution theory:
"In the earliest records which have come down to us from the past, we find ample indications that accepted standard of morality and the conduct resulting from these were in no degree inferior to those which prevail today, though in some respects, they were different from ours. The wonderful collection of hymns known as the Vedas are a vast system of religious teachings as pure and lofty as those of the finest portions of the Hebrew Scriptures. Its authors were fully our equals in their conception of the universe and the Deity expressed in the finest poetic language."

"In it (Veda) we find many of the essential teachings of the most advanced religious thinkers." "We must admit that the mind which conceived and expressed inappropriate language, such ideas as are everywhere present in those Vedic hymns, could not have been inferior to those of the best of our religious teachers and poets to our Milton, Shakespeare, and Tennyson."

Just going to ignore the fact that you lied then eh? Just going to keep posting random quotes.....you truly are clueless.

Here's where all western scholars fit in:

"If there should be a conference among the most imaginative minds they will agree that almost all institutions of learning are only nurseries of prejudice, corruption, barbarism, and pedantry." Anonymous

oh yay....some more meaningless words thrown together to prove absolutely nothing.

Thrown together by the "most imaginative minds". It's meaningless because you're not there yet.

you are just putting random quotes out. Im still waiting for your evidence that your chosen religion is the right one... its very telling that all you can do is spout nonsense.

My "chosen religion" has no no cure for a fool, Paul, so don't expect me to do it.

"Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change." Confucius

As I thought....absolutely nothing. More fairytale nonsense.

We're at a stalemate, man. Confucius whom I fully agree with knew neither you (stupidest) nor I can change.

"Only the stupidest and the wisest of men never change." Confucius

See that's where you are wrong. I am open to changing....if someone presents me with actual evidence. It just seems nobody has any evidence other than their feelings. If you wouldn't change your mind then i'm afraid you are the only one in the wrong here.

You don't understand the quote my friend.
It is good that you're open to change, it would mean you don't consider yourself the "stupidest".

But there is no need for the "wisest" to be open to change.

So let me get this right....I should be open to change but you don't need to? Wow....arrogance personified

You got it right, Paul.

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." Confucius

Yes, one of us needs to change and it's not me.
It's not arrogance, it called wisdom "personified".

Here's the proof, but you have to change first.

In studying the systems of philosophy, it is necessary that the mind adopt a discipline of impartiality and sobriety.

its arrogance. Pure and simple. I have no problem discussing religion with someone open minded. You are not that person. I have no desire to communicate with you further. You are beyond hope. A complete list cause and I have nothing further to say to you.

In the end he wasn't atheist.
"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein

"Philosophy and reason will remain the most beautiful sanctuary they have always been for the select few." Einstein

Einstein wrote a letter to correct misconceptions about his beliefs:

“I believe in Spinoza's god [...] not a god who concerns himself with the fate and doings of mankind.”

Spinoza:
“[god is] the sum of natural and physical laws and certainly not an individual entity or creator”

And who says my God concerns himself with the fate and doings of mankind?

And where did Spinoza come to know of natural or physical laws?

"We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Einstein

Einstein believed in God. He said: “I believe in
Spinoza’s God who reveals Himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns Himself with fates and actions of human beings.”
He was not an atheist.