WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The fall - on twitter

Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 5
Before the fall, 5000 yrs ago, the wise who was loved, adored & praise were the most famous in the civilized world. Now they're the most vilified, scorned & persecuted personalities.
Just look at social media, who is on the hunt to interview the wise?

Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 7
What "fall" happened 5,000 years ago? Perhaps I have forgotten about it.
Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 8
The fall, that resulted in more of you (fools) and less of me (wisdom).

"The company of the wise are few."
Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 8
You describe the RESULT of this "fall," but offer no proof it happened, much less at a specific number of years ago.

It's hard enough drawing anything out of you other than trivial wisdom or easy bromides. Give details about this "fall" or your status will continue falling! Smiling face with sunglasses

Turk Hill
@hill_turk
·
Sep 8
He's talking about the fall of Adam and Eve.

Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 8
Yes. I was trying to draw it out of him so I could ask him why he would believe an ancient myth.

Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 9
I can't make it any more clearer. You're not an authority on anything ancient with a dim or no understanding of natural laws.
Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 9
"Those who concern themselves with all things ancient are living in the past." - My Grandmother's Hair Stylist

"Beware those who claim their understanding is based on "natural" laws. It is only a disguise for unnatural beliefs." - My Mother's Dental Hygienist

"Woof." - My Dog
Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 10
If you don't know how and when it all began, how would you know how and when it's going to end?

Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 10
Though we have reasonable knowledge, no one knows either of those definitively, you silly character!

That said, I'm pretty sure my knowledge is greater than yours, w/the added advantage of not being clouded by some vague mysticism I can't articulate.

Prove otherwise.
Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 10
Your own admittance "no one knows either of those definitively."

Do you still want to know who is wise and who is a fool?

Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 10
Oh? So you have some definitive information? By all means, present it!

I'll be the first to nominate you for a Nobel!

My own admittance? And every rational & honest person who's ever looked into the matter.

See, you can't get away with your "wise man" act with me!

Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 11
"every rational & honest person who's ever looked into the matter."
And you know them all!

All I had to know was just one - http://vjsingh.info/books

Wisdom is not an act, when it is acquired the wise stands in his own nature.
Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 11
I know them all!

But since you only needed one, you can tell me who it is.

Real wisdom is not an act. The wisdom YOU only hint at but never display is an act. It seems to be all you have.
Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
Sep 11
"you can tell me who it is."
Why? So you can put his name on your list of hate.
http://vjsingh.info/books

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato
Dennis
@ArtRobson1
·
Sep 11
So you are full of wisdom & understanding, but cannot share because you imagine a world of hate. Perhaps you need a therapist?

"No one is a bigger fraud than he who claims special knowledge while displaying common ignorance." - My Mother's childhood milk deliveryman
Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
22h
That's exactly what fools would say of the wise. Obviously, one cannot be wise and stupid at the same time. So if you aren't who then is?

"Wisdom & understanding" are completely alien to the ignorant.
A fool wants it overnight, but for the few who desire them, it takes years.

Dennis
@ArtRobson1
Replying to
@vjsn
and
@hill_turk
"Wisdom is not an endless procession of words sounding meaningful but signifying nothing." - my Dental Hygienist

I'll now use the term "Vijai" to describe it.

"Stop vijaing, my friend!"

Vijai Singh
@vjsn
·
12m
Replying to
@ArtRobson1

Yep, that's how the ignorant view wisdom - "signifying nothing."

But if you ever get tired of being a fool, you can start here - here