WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dawkins on Twitter - 2

Richard Dawkins
Scientific American was once a great journal.
scientificamerican.com
Denial of Evolution Is a Form of White Supremacy
As museums reopen let’s introduce ourselves, and our children, to the original Black ancestors of all human beings

Vijai Singh
Nov 19
If man had really evolved from a lower creature, then it was, as it were, a fact a law which was unceasing in its operations. If the law was of a constant and permanent nature, ever working itself out, how was it that for thousands of years past, no lower creature had evolved?

Dennis
"how was it that for thousands of years past, no lower creature had evolved?"
his is unintelligible.
Or, I could somehow be missing the point. Can you explain?
All creatures, including "lower" ones, evolved. So what could you possibly mean?

Jan Tünnermann
I think he meant "no lower creature has involved into a higher one" (a statement which of course shows several misconceptions about evolution)

Dennis
That's what I'm thinking. Just want to draw it out of him, but he's a difficult one!

Vijai Singh
What else can it be?
"It is that in the ruder stages of civilization when the laws of nature are little known and but little understood when mankind has not enough of the experience of the world, strict methods of correct reasoning are very seldom observed." Swami Dayanand

Dennis
"In our ruder stages, ignorance was more widespread. Now, we have learned a great deal, yet still there are those who prefer the comforts of ignorance & superstition." - My Grandmother
“As scarce as knowledge is, supply is in excess of demand.” - Josh Billings

Vijai Singh
What can you really learn in the absence of a source knowledge?
Here is mine.
Where is yours?

Dennis
How strange. There are a VAST number of sources for knowledge.
The difficulty is understanding the difference between reliable ones & those that appeal to a common need to self-deceive.

Vijai Singh
The reliable one is the one that is in harmony with reasoning and science and in conformity with the laws of nature.
The question remains - where is yours?

Dennis
You continue with generic "wisdom" that anyone who is reasonable would know, yet you then make vague statements about gods & religions, which shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Vijai Singh
Without God/Creator/Instructor we will be at a loss in finding a source of the right knowledge.
Therefore it's you who have no idea of what you're talking about.

Dennis
WE are our instructors.
By trial & error we learn.
If a god wanted to instruct us, how would it do that?

Vijai Singh
Not ever, without an institution of learning.
Man has to be taught! It so now, it will continue to be so in the future and so it was from the very beginning of human civilization.
It's called revelation

Dennis
We have many institutions of learning! What are you talking about?!
Of course we are better with good educations. Is this controversial or something?
Learning produces revelations in our thinking. It comes from our work, not some imaginary source outside of us.

Vijai Singh
So what institution of learning was available for the first human who evolved from an ape?

Dennis
There was no "first human".
And how could institutions precede the humans who created them?
What a strange question.
Your common mistake is a "top - down" understanding, which is backwards. Reality: we arose upwards from the bottom.
Cranes. Not skyhooks.

Vijai Singh
"And how could institutions precede the humans who created them?"
http://vjsingh.info/chaptereleven

Dennis
You quote my question, but instead of answering it, you provide a link to an ancient myth.
Why do you believe such a myth, & why can't you answer my question?
2:31 PM · Nov 29, 2021·Twitter Web App

Vijai Singh
In the absence of understanding natural laws even evolution is myth.
Your interest should be on how the laws of nature work, only then my answers can make sense to you.
What did the link say? No question?

Dennis
What is a "natural law" and why are you so obsessed?
Why can't you answer anything clearly?

Vijai Singh
You can call it obsession, but for me it is the nature of wisdom to propagate the truth. After reasoning that's where the truth begins.
How could wisdom be instantly clear to the ignorant?