WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dawkins on Twitter - 5

Richard Dawkins
@RichardDawkins
Jan 1
My target for twenty-twenty-two: finish The Genetic Book of the Dead.
I say it here, not because I expect any one else to be interested but as a device to keep myself up to the mark.

Vijai Singh
Perhaps it is too late, but we must not give up.
"If there should be a conference among the most imaginative minds they will agree that almost all institutions of learning are only nurseries of prejudice, corruption, barbarism, and pedantry." Anon

Keg
"If there should be a comment following a post by RD, which attempts to bring the lofty down from their perches, we can be fairly certain it will be from the lowly, whose foremost representative is Vijai" - Justin Bieber

Patrick Delifer
you guys should have a podcast!! I would listen to it.

Vijai Singh
That would be one more person to hate.
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato
Patrick Delifer
I know Elvis Presley, but not Plato..

Vijai Singh
Yep, one is loved and other hated.

Patrick Delifer
Who the hell is Plato? Is that the dog with Mickey Mouse??

Vijai Singh
You should worry about Bertrand Russell.
"Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education."

Keg
Too late; Bertrand died before I could reach him.
"Those passive enough to believe all they're taught have not learned to educate themselves; the truly educated can spot a fool just after his mouth opens" - Frank Zappa's Mother's gardener

Vijai Singh
He lives as long as his quotes make social media.
Well Dennis you're here to change me and I'm here to tell you neither of us will change.
Educated doesn't mean wise!
"Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education." Bertrand Russell

Keg
I'm always happy to change when there is good reason to. Right now YOU have good reason, since you have a common superstition holding you back.
"A good education requires habits of honesty - learning what we can, not believing what we wish for." - Professor Irwin Corey

Vijai Singh
No, you can't change, "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." Confucius.
This is about philosophy where it is necessary for the mind to adopt the discipline of impartiality and sobriety.
You're chained to dishonesty!

Keg
"Only a buffoon would claim to know what he has no means to know; he does it to bring others down to his level" - Popeye
Making dishonest claims about others shows you lack the wisdom you pretend to have.
You'd learn a great deal if you'd toss out your silly "source" idea.

Vijai Singh
If you can be brought down, especially by a "buffoon", you certainly fit the state of the stupidest.
There is no dishonesty! Truth is painful.
There is nothing more to learn when you're wise.

Keg
Yes! So many are deceived by buffoons! Those who point to ancient buffoons as sources of special knowledge are themselves buffoons of a higher order.
I'm getting to like this "buffoon" word. It's funny.
"Those who think there is nothing more to learn are buffoons" - Sting

Vijai Singh
“A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.” Russell
If there is more learn how come neither of us haven't change.
"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.