WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.

The terror of constant brainwashing indeed spells hopelessness for billions.
A static intellect is when predetermination takes the place of honest inquiry and truth is suppressed. The culprit is misguided religion which leads to fanaticism, barbarism and superstition. This form of credulity is the catalyst of existing adverse and prejudicial conditions that have plagued mankind for nearly 5,000 years.

"When the time of destruction is at hand the intellect becomes perverted." Vridha Chan. 16:17.

Topic of discussion
Can a fool, fool God? - Feb 08, 2002
What Baseball-club owner would pay his worst ball-player the same money as his best? Since he is the owner he can do anything and even through compassion make such a reward. But let's measure the disadvantages of such a measure, his club would go bankrupt because his worst players would never strive to be better while his best players would do less since it makes no sense to be the best. Baseball will become non-competitive and the millions who would be deprived of its entertainment will no longer support it, not to mention the thousands that will be affected by employment. If there were such an owner who lacks such business sense, he would be called a fool, won't he?

A fool has no value for time or knowledge and so he remains a fool all his life. It certainly requires no effort to be a fool and in the end he/she repents for being a fool and gains salvation. On the other hand, a wise man values his time and works diligently and strenuously daily all his life, in his efforts through austerity and abstinence to attain higher wisdom also gains salvation.

Now I ask what would we call the 'All-powerful' God of the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Puranas, Zend Avesta, Guru Grantha, and all that other false dogmas that can do anything, who gives the same reward of heaven to both a fool and a wise man? To an intelligent soul, he is not only mortal like the Ball-club owner but even more foolish. In reality, a fool who follows a false dogma is only fooling him/herself. 

Redemption can only be a fool's passport to a fool's paradise.

In search of the One True Religion

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

WARNING! Reader's discretion is advised - the truth offends!
Past dialogues debunking Religion
Other discussion boards: Vedic: Five tests of true religion  Do all paths lead to God?  Debunking evolution
Guestbook  
WELCOME TO CRITICAL THINKING
Debunking false dogmas.
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can creationists give a short list of all the evidence against evolution?

There's no need to infer meaning from my opinion, not when you can ask the man himself. That particular quote is taken out of context from an essay of his:

His meaning can be found in a larger quote from the same essay:

It would not be difficult to come to an agreement as to what we understand by science. Science is the century-old endeavor to bring together by means of systematic thought the perceptible phenomena of this world into as thoroughgoing an association as possible. To put it boldly, it is the attempt at the posterior reconstruction of existence by the process of conceptualization…

You’re not listening mate! "We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws." Albert Einstein

The man is saying you have a dim or no understanding of natural laws and my religion is an authority on the origin of the universe and everything else in it.

"We owe a lot to Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." Albert Einstein

He was referring to the laws of physics: mathematical models with demonstrated predictive power.

He was not referring to the so-called laws of your personally favoured spiritual mythology.

If you were an authority on everything in the universe, then you'd be an authority on HTML, which is in the universe. So why does your website look like geocities on acid?

So you’re saying before physics was discovered there were no laws?

The universe is governed by the laws of nature which means the creator does not have to personally intervened. These laws also apply to Virgin birth and resurrection of the dead as it is to evolution. So says the one true religion. “It is evident as a matter of logic that, since they disagree, not more than one of them can be true." Bertrand Russell

The truth offends! If my website was to your taste I would have been in the same state of doubts as you are.

The way science works is that we build mathematical models of the way the world works. Some of those are considered significant and elegant enough that we elevate them to the status of laws.

But make no mistake about it, these laws are man-made and they're expressed in the language of mathematics that is also man-made. We know they work because they've been tested millions of times, but we don't know for certain that they represent some deeper truth or if they're a simplification - just as Newton's laws were shown to only be valid for non-relatavistic speeds and masses.

Do not confuse the map for the territory. Our models are the map, and it may be a very accurate detailed one, but it will still only ever be a map.

I’m fully aware of what the West has done through science for the good of all humanity, both in medicine and technology. But there is a higher value in life for all mankind and that is the truth of the origin of the universe.

"We owe a lot to Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made." Albert Einstein

"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace; human speech, the mother of history, grandmother of legend, and great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only." Mark Twain.

"I‘m convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc. It doesn’t behoove us, who were only savages and barbarians when these Indian people were civilized & learned, to dispute their antiquity." Voltaire

Put desire before design Kevin if you need to know more than what you already know.

Nobody is doubting or questioning the contributions made by India to science.

But that doesn't automatically make Indian mythology correct. You did well in maths, but not so much on the topic of drinking cow urine.

Maybe you don’t, but there are many who do. I’ve been on social media for over 25 years, I must know.

This is not mythology -
"But there is another prejudice which is cherished by many scholars evidently under the impression of its being a well-recognized scientific doctrine. It is that in the ruder stages of civilization, when the laws of nature are little known and but little understood, when mankind has not enough of the experience of the world, strict methods of correct reasoning are very seldom observed." Swami Dayanand

Albert Einstein agrees - "We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws."

Scholars of theology, except the Aryas, have no understanding at all and for those of science, it is dim.

India before the fall 5000 years ago was the light of the world. I really don’t see how the drinking of cow urine or mythology is a greater evil than the global subjugation, pillaging & coercion practiced on the indigenous nations of the world by the West for the past 2000 years.

I hate to have to be the one to point this out…

But your blinkered attitude is such a tired cliché that even other Indians know full well that it's fertile ground for comedy.

Of course, the Indians that follow this path are a very small minority. Most Indians will agree with you. You don’t have to hate the idea it is on my site where I’m very critical of them also.

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” -Arthur Schopenhauer

You are at the first stage! Good luck!

Pointing out that all things Indian aren't inherently correct, India isn't the centre of the the world, and that other nations have contributions of their own too isn't ridicule, it's a statement of fact.

India got some things wrong. Every country got some things wrong.

Get over it… recognise the difference between patriotism and nationalism and pull yourself back over that line.

India is the beginning of everything we have come to know and if one desires the truth only India the Rishis have all the answers.

“The Portuguese, Dutch and British have for a long time ferried huge treasures on big ships from India to their home countries. We Germans had to look on. But we will not be left behind. We take their knowledge. Our Sanskrit scholars provide us with this wealth from India right here in Bonn or Munich.” Heinrich Heine, (1797 – 1856)

India’s wrong started 5000 years ago, Hinduism, but the truth of the Vedas still prevail until today.

You don’t know it, but the truth I propagate is above both patriotism and nationalism.

Whenever you speak you’re only repeating what you already know, try to listen and perhaps you learn something more.