Return to Website

The Ninth Georgia Infantry, CSA Forum/Message Board

Welcome ALL, to the Message Board/Forum for the Ninth Georgia Volunteer Infantry, CSA. If you have a question or comment, post it here for all to see. Someone may know the answer!!!

Forum: The Ninth Georgia Infantry, CSA Forum/Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Company D - 9th GA

I'm researching a CHARLES ASBURY RAY, whose widow said he'd enlisted in Company D, 9th BN GA Infantry at Camp McDonald, April 8, 1862 and was discharged in Montgomery, AL, 1865 as a member of an Alabama unit.
Ancestry.com shows that a service record exists for a CHARLES A.RAY as a member of this unit.
When his widow applied for the pension she never received it because no evidence of his being a part of the unit he was discharged from was ever found.
The most they had was an affadavit from a man named J.W. BURDEN who'd said that he was in Company D, 9th GA IN with Charles but that the regiment was consolidated into the 37th GA IN in 1863.
When I searched this site I could find neither Charles Ray nor J.W.Burden.
Is there any notes anywhere on Co D of the 9th being merged into another unit? Could anyone have enlisted into this unit at a Camp McDonald in 1862?
Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Kathy D.

Email  
Re: Company D - 9th GA - by Neal Griffin - Sep 30, 2003 12:45pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com