Here is a very brief history on the 9th Ga. Artillery:
CONFEDERATE GEORGIA TROOPS
9th Battalion, Georgia Artillery
9th Artillery Battalion was formed during the summer of 1862 with five companies. Some of the men were from Augusta and Richmond and Gwinnet County. After serving in Georgia the battalion moved to Tennessee and reported to General H. Marshall. It was active in Southwest Virginia and later the Knoxville Campaign. Ordered back to Virginia during the spring of 1864, it was assigned to Department of Richmond and for a time stationed at Chaffin's Bluff. The unit participated in the Petersburg siege north of the James River, then served as infantry under C.A. Evans in the Appomattox Campaign. On April 9, 1865, it surrendered with 1 officer and 19 men. Major A. Leyden was in command.