Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
accident blackspot

Who is our County Council representative.
After another tragic accident in the middle of Town, when are we going to see some action to relieve the traffic problems through Horsefair.
The air pollution is way above legal limits and now there have been two very serious accidents. How many more must there be before we get some action.

Re: accident blackspot

What accident was this? Still no wiser as to what happened yesterday in the town?

As you may have seen on the 'sirens' thread, an elderly lady was knocked down by the Blue Boar yesterday. I don't have any further details.

Walked out infront of a car not looking. Apparently just had a graze/cut to her head.

If that is so Im amazed as air ambulance seemed to land near police station and road was closed for sometime. On saying that I do hopemshe wasn't seriously hurt.

This is of cause serious but I have seen first hand how bad people are at crossing the road. Old, young, parents with buggies crossing the road in the middle of town just a few feet away from the pedestrian crossing it doesn't matter how good a drivers reactions are if someone steps into the road without looking there won't be a lot you could do, and as for the zebra crossing by the kings don't get me started how many people seem to want to cross the road on the corner rather than takes 5 more steps up to the crossing is beyond me

anna notherthing

Who is our County Council representative.
After another tragic accident in the middle of Town, when are we going to see some action to relieve the traffic problems through Horsefair.
The air pollution is way above legal limits and now there have been two very serious accidents. How many more must there be before we get some action.

We all remember last year when the town centre was closed for road surfacing, most people thought it was wonderful save the shopkeepers who moaned about losing trade, quie clearly there has never been a serious discussion to this problem mainly due to the cost. In the meantime a raised crossing similar to the one at the Ace Centre near the Blue Boar would certainly help, half a ton of tarmac and 10 ltrs of white paint would be a lot cheaper than a helicopter and a dozen or more policemen causing mayhem whenever something like this happens.

NOT a graze but a broken back in two places and Brocken knee!!

Some many rumours abound. This morning my husband was told a lady from Rock Hill was killed. I hope whoever it is makes a speedy and full recovery.

Chippy gossip at its best

60's Girl
Some many rumours abound. This morning my husband was told a lady from Rock Hill was killed. I hope whoever it is makes a speedy and full recovery.

I am sure you did not mean to say what you said.......I know its the month of Easter but a resurrection in Chipping Norton?

You clearly have too much time on your hands Gladio Man, well spotted

Oh dear 60s Girl. Doh!