Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALDI 2

As said on the other Aldi thread, it has become a pain to scroll through two pages so I have locked the other and started a fresh page.

Re: ALDI 2

The Uplands Area Planning Sub-Committee meets TOMORROW 6th May, it is scheduled to start at 2pm in Committee Room 1 council offices New Yatt Rd
The Aldi application appears to be second on the agenda.

Lets hope tomorrow night we can all have a glass of fiz to celebrate.

I bet its a no someone will put a spanner in the works

Just got back from the planning meeting, planning permission GRANTED! We're getting an Aldi!

Gotta get my job application in now

Hooray thank goodness someone had some sense. Great news for the town. Was it unanimous?

thanks for letting us no ED great news .

perhaps the town can move forward now

yippee! that will save me and half of chippy a thirty mile round trip every week, happy days

WOWEE ..... Chippy moves into the 21st century. Thank you all for your support. What shall we get our teeth into now folk?

Dear All,
I am delighted the Aldi application went through. The WODC officers and planning committee got it right!!

My thanks go to the councillors who supported this. Another person not going out of town to shop.

Seconded! I shall look forward to browsing (and buying)in the Chippy ALDI.

I emailed Aldi this week and asked when Aldi was going to be built!!

This was the reply i had this morning!!

Thankyou for contacting Customer Services.

Unfortunately we have no date of when the store will be built at the moment.

Any updates will be on our website, www.aldi.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

​​​​​​​​​

Emma
​​Aldi Customer Services
UK 0800 042 0800
customer.service@aldi.co.uk
www.aldi.co.uk

SO WILL IT HAPPEN!!!

I have said for a few weeks its odd that nothing has started. I wonder what is happening behind the scenes.

Maybe they are waiting for Probate on the site where the late Mr Reeve lived, this has commercial planning already and its a much bigger site.

Its a possibility but would they not need to go to planning again?

Where his bungalow is and his workshop is, it already has commercial usage, I would expect the planners would require it but its the legal interpretation of what constitutes "commercial usage". The only part of his land deemed residential is the field he owned next door. So maybe they are talking to his family, I know when he was alive he turned down £1.5M for the site as he was discussing his site with a large London Agent.

That field at one time was used to keep sheep if I remember correctly so a bit of agricultural use there.

The question is which supermarket would buy it? That might affect Aldi, given that Waitrose is building a small shop at Stow Aldi might be waiting to see if there is any competition considering many prefered Waitrose to Sainsburys.

Work isn't supposed to start until October this year then will take approx 6 months for completion

I have just phoned them for confirmation of when it will start. Was told they dont divulge to the public information. I said I do hope it was still going ahead and the answer was be patient these things do take time.

So no firm information has been given.