Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Churchill Road, Stop ..Go boards!!

Stop Go boards soon to be sited at Churchill Road... or.. traffic lights... or...(common sense approach) double yellow lines to stop parking on left hand side as you leave Chippy.
Its all getting a bit silly now,its almost a one way system from Top of the Leys to Tilsley Road.
You rely on those entering the town from Churchill to give you room to exit if you have no where to pull in. I have seen a couple of head to head confrontations where it nearly came to blows.

Am i alone on this or do we really need NO Parking along this stretch of road.

Re: Churchill Road, Stop ..Go boards!!

I think the problem is the length of road cars are able to park on and make it like a one way stretch; I think if there was no parking at all the speeds would increase making the road dangerous to cross.

So perhaps the best solution would be just to have a couple of short parking areas allowing room to pull in and wait for the incoming cars to pass.

Or to be really radical why not have priority direction traffic calming half island slaloms!

If you think the traffic problems in Churchill Rd are bad now just wait until the houses are built on West End Farm. Eric Pickles will let it go through!

Something needs to be done. It's so dangerous at the moment and sometimes due to the way people park there is nowhere to pull in to let oncoming traffic to pass. Double yellows only good if enforced by a traffic warden or similar.

Had to pass 18 parked cars many times, an accident waiting to happen. The traffic warden was along there one day so I asked him what could be done. Nothing at all because there are no yellow lines. Also they park opposite the turn to Lords Piece. So dangerous.