Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Co-op and Albion St

Total chaos there yesterday with 4 huge lorries parked and and a low loader. The car park itself was mostly cordoned off last week.

Re: Co-op and Albion St

I live along there it is terrible and it goes on all day

I guess you guys didn't want the Co-op to extend then?

You can't just 'magic up' a whole new development, or build it for 20 minutes a day.

They've put in a new access road - they'll soon be using that to alleviate some of the problems.

You've got it! What goes with bigger shops is more traffic, nobody seemd to grasp that fact when the Co-op was granted permission.

****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't in this town. For God's sake whats the problem you've got to expect disruption they are not building a lean to on the side of the old shop its major work. Unbelieveable

Here here Shaz!!!

The worst traffic is during the build. After that normality will be resumed.

Actually they are only building the car park! Given it has taken this long one can expect a long time of distruption before it is finished.

And no, the Co-op should not be extended, big shops in small towns means only small shops in the town will suffer, more empty shops for nick-nacks. Shops of this size should be out of town.

If they are planning to put the pharmacy, travel agents and the post office in there then its going to have to be fairly big

Emailed the Co-op earlier today, got a reply back this afternoon.

They said after careful consideration, taking in to account the views expressed by all three complainants, that they would agree to stop all expansion works forthwith.

Tuesday morning they will demolish the few structures already built, fill in the holes dug, and pack up and go home.

They also said that it's their football and no you can't play with it - they're going to take it home.

And they're going to tell their dad too - coz he's bigger than yours!

ps - in a separate statement I read elsewhere today, in an effort to turn around the ailing fortunes of the Co-op nationwide, they will be embarking on a plan of expansion, opening Co-op Coffee, and Olde Co-op. A new venture into coffee shops and antique shops. The old Cotswold Newsagents looks set to be opened up as a mini antiques and trinkets shop, and the ground floor empty office units of the old Oxford House to be converted into a new coffee shop. Happy Days!

That is good news Ben, as you are in email contact perhaps you could persuade them to return to their roots by reopening things such as a bakery and cakemaking, a delivery service around the villages and of course there is gents outfitting, haberdashery, hardware, wetfish, butchers, cafe, bread and milk delivery they closed down and oh! EMPLOY local people paying proper wages rather than just taking money in a supermarket.

if they re-open the gents outfitting, should I apply for my old job as parcel-boy ?