Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
parking outside chip shop

I feel this is a matter that should be addressed before someone else gets killed.

Horsefair.....people parking outside the chip shop and yet tonight the police took no action at all even thou the parked cars were illegally parked and causing an obstruction. Shocking!!

The owner of the Chip shop clearly takes no responsibility and even the local police dont do anything!!!

what chance does anyone have?

Re: parking outside chip shop

None actually! Trying to cross anywhere near there you take your life in your hands crossing the road, still there is according to Hilary a long term but costly road sceme? In the meantime WODC has granted pp for a Kebab shop on the corner, that should slow traffic down when cars are parked on the bend!

another Kebab shop???????????????

seriously who came up with that useful insight..

Chipping Norton will end up like banbury.....

This town is slowly becoming less desirable to live

Your a bit out the loop 'unknown' it was all done and dusted last year, despite much opposition WODC ignored the electorate (except election time) and granted permission for a Kebab shop next to the wedding shop.

Interestingly last year Rosie B (shop) posted a comment saying it would be depremental to her shop and the wedding shop, it now looks like Rosie B is closing down anyway!

ED, see rosie bs thread further down , moved to stow on the wold.
They must have more parking there

There may be a little more parking in Stow on the Wold, but at least my business won't be parking dependant as it was in Horsefair. Unfortunately if there was no room in the small 5-6 car spaces outside my shop, then customers did not come in. Neither did they want to walk from the town centre. As we saw only recently the road outside Harpers is a death trap & most unpleasant to walk along. Horsefair will eventually become completely residential & the town will be just concentrated in the small area around the square unless that walkway is improved & the town encourage traders in Horsefair. ( kebab shop excluded) As it stands at the moment having a retail business in Horsefair is becoming increasingly non viable. Chipping Norton could be a lovely town, but really needs a face lift & serious thought given to the traffic problem A weight restriction & priority traffic signs along with widening the pavement outside Harpers would definitely help in stopping the town becoming 2 halves.

I fear you are right about Horse Fair being purely residential, with the closure of the Hospital, Nursing Home, Oxford House and soon Doctors Surgery all to be doomed as housing, you are probably right in leaving before the rot sets in.