Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
J R Hospital

I need to get to thw JR by bus. Can anyone tell me the bus number and where to catch it once Im in Oxford please?

Re: J R Hospital

I think it is X13 from City centre although I normally go from the Park & Ride. The same bus goes to all 3 hospitals.

Thanks very much where in the city centre would I get it? If I get the park and ride I guess I change buses I city.

The bus stop is next to the Randolph, near the cinema

Thanks folks, am still wondering about park and ride though, if anyone has any information please.

???? Not really sure what you want??

If you are going to Oxford by bus you don't need the Park & Ride.

If you are going by car why do you want a bus from the city centre when you can drive straight to the JR?

The park & ride bus goes from Watereaton (-kidlington. )To all the hospitals. Have used it.

Thanks . Ed cant decide whether to go by car which is a pain in the bum or use a bus.

If you drive to Watereaton (kidlington) & catch the bus there it's very easy. No hassle & no parking costs. & if it's wet there is a waiting room.

I have to agree I used the park and ride last week from watereaton, it was £2 to park and £3.50 return to the JR on the 700 bus. No problems with traffic getting to or from the park and ride and frequent buses.

To pay for the parking you just park and then pay for the parking at machines near the waiting room, you have to enter the last 3 letters of your car reg and then touch a photo of your vehicle and then put the money in- its not pay and display.

Thanks we will probably do that then, also use bus pass.

I didn't know you had to pay at Watereaton, the last time we went it was free. Probably about a year ago. It's worth knowing , thanks.

Surely if you have a bus pass why would you drive to watereaton, just get on the S3 and pick up the X13 when you're in the city why pay fuel costs drving to park and ride

But where in Oxford exactly does the X13 go and how often? Also it surely will be quicker to use park and ride than wait for the Chippy bus. Just asking.

Just seen it says St Aldates yet another poster said outside Randolph.

I don't want to confuse things, but, there's a lot of road works in oxford ar the moment. Some bus's are stopping in different places . Why not ask a driver when you see one at the bus stop.

X13 from the Randolph also the 13 will take you there and if you get a day explorer when you get on in chippy its just one fare doesn't matter how many buses you get on the frequency is about every 15-20mins.

Thanks everyone just back and it was really easy. Got S3 Chippy to Oxford railway station and there waiting was the 13 to the JR and just as easy coming back. Got to railway station and there was the S3 home.

Easy Peasy x