Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cornish Road/Churchill House Redevelopment

Most residents will no doubt have received the letter from Tidestone Construction, who advise that the building works will start in July 2014 and last for approximately 40 weeks, which means, if my arithmatic is correct, until April 2015.

Re: Cornish Road/Churchill House Redevelopment

The site foreman knocked on our door this afternoon, gave us a letter.
We asked about the lorry carrying equipment being out the back, he said they starting to demolish garages tomorrow! They were going to Churchill house first, but there so much to be cleared out from there, where residents have left furniture etc behind.
Even the Piano in the Large community lounge been left there!
Well with the nice weather coming up, going to be lovely having the windows/doors kept shut and cant put washing on the line! :-(

The demolition of garages has begun!!
Not taking them long to demolish either, they are using a hosepipe to spray water, laying the dust a little!!

Churchill house has half gone today June 27th such a shame as it was my mums last home

The stupid part is that on Radio Oxford this week they were saying the county is desperately short of social sheltered housing for the elderly and they are pulling down what was about 20 flats.

Middle Barton has also lost a similar block of flats.

Are they not replacing Churchill House with sheltered housing in the form of seperate houses or flats?

The never replaced Vernon House now all its a bomb site.