Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fundraisers

Just seen a lot of adverts for door to door charity fundraisers. The pay is between £8.50 & £10 per hour plus unlimited bonuses.

Re: Fundraisers

So how much goes to charity then? It always says on the collection bags that only a small percentage goes to charity , the rest the collecter keeps. I always take mine straight to the shop I do not like charity collectors at the door. .

These arent the bags that go tbrough doors but people who knock or are on High Streets. I know Helen House employ tbese people as I was approached by one and asked if there we re volunteers the answer was no.

Where they want your credit card details? I will never sign up, I do give to charity but do it my way. I hate it when they come to the door or being stopped by them. Some of them seem to think because it's an older person they're stupid & will sign anything. One young man was verbally abusive one night because I wouldn't let him in & make him a cup of tea & so could talk about it.

Good for you. I give my own way. I was approached by the air ambulance once and was more than happy to put some money in a tin but was told . We do t accept money like that as we want a monthly amount by direct debit. I said sorry you dont want to accept money the way I want to give it.

I had that happen too. But what I don't understand is how they are allowed to stop people , as I believe it's against the law to shake a tin & ask, You have to stand with a tin & not shake it. There's some funny laws concerning charity collections I believe.

Recently when away yours truly was approached by a "chugger" can I have a few minutes of your time she asked sweetly, NO I replied sharply and walked on, she muttered something that made me proud to be a miserable old git, and I still had my money. Yes!