Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ambulance station

Does anyone know if there has been any developments on whats going to happen with the ambulance station?

or would anyone know who is in charge of this area at OCC?

Re: Ambulance station

If you are really desperate to know contact Hilary Biles, if Hilary doesn't know she will put you in contact with someone who does.

The Ambulance Station and Castleview have been parcelled up together and just gone on sale.

Oxfordshire County Council's agent Capita are overseeing the process. There will be adverts in the local and national press soon.

I wonder why the Ambulance Station site, in particular, wasn't redeveloped years ago! Maybe it could have been/should now be, turned into an off-street car park, instead of making Spring Street narrower with on-street parking.

I contacted the County Council to enquire about the possibility of making an offer to buy the ambulance station but they wouldn't even consider the idea of selling it separately.

Slightly frustrating as it has sat there for a decade derelict!!!

Hand Car wash??

unknown
I contacted the County Council to enquire about the possibility of making an offer to buy the ambulance station but they wouldn't even consider the idea of selling it separately.

Slightly frustrating as it has sat there for a decade derelict!!!

My understanding is there is a considerable sized hospital garden ripe for development behind the ambulance station that would be virtually unaccesable if the two were seperated. I might be wrong!

No , you are right. Tom Preston grew much of the hospital's fruit & veg requirement up until the 1980's ( so low food miles & "organic" not such a new idea !) the layout of the veg beds were still visible in 1988, along with some of the soft fruit bushes & apple trees.the garden area alone would probably fit 6 houses in