Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
council elections

We were all given promises by all the candidates for the recent various council elections, has anyone noticed any difference to anything since? Do we really need County Councils, District Councils and Parish Councils?

If this government really wants to cut costs merge County Councils and District Councils and scrap half the elected councillors who all claim allowances,reduce the number of employees and reform the incredibly generous pension scheme that public sector employees enjoy.

Has anyone seen or heard from any local politician since May?

Re: council elections

Even though I didn't win the District Elections I have been very busy.
Even not being elected is no reason to do nothing.

* Iv visited a resident who's fence was graffiti-ed and got it removed
* Iv had ACE center Governors meetings
* Glyme Hall trustee Meetings
* Helped at Holy Trinity School Fete (cooking 270 sausages lol )
* Im arranging to sponsor a youth sports team to attend competition in the USA
* Been to see 2 residents on Worcester Road to see if we can get speed strips and flashing repeaters to slow the cars down
* Seeing if the silly air pollution box at horsefair can be replaced with a high level warning sign warning traffic of a blackspot/bottleneck
* and attending meetings to see if there is a solution to the problem of there being NO light industrial sites for local businesses to expand and employ more CHIPPY people!
* Nearly forgot! Trying to get proper bins in bottom side car park on market day so rubbish doesn't blow all over the town!

Guy

Blimey Guy what has gotten into you? Glad you did not slink off after one defeat like the previous candidate, well done!

Hi Ed

I'm not one for slinking away lol only a 10 day break to Majorca was needed to revive my enthusiasm lol

Guy

Your boss Dave thought lol meant lots of love, I hope you don't think the same!

Lol absolutely not laugh out loud