Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Loss Is Another Towns Gain!

From June 2nd Court Report, I know a bit late but:

1. James Wells, 43, of no fixed address, admitted stealing food stuffs worth £117.84 from Co-op in Eynsham on February 2. Admitted possession of Class A drug diamorphine in Speedwell Street, Oxford, on April 22. Also admitted shoplifting health food drinks worth £58 from Boots in Cornmarket Street, Oxford, on March 30, stealing meat worth £120 from Co-op in Long Hanborough on January 27, and stealing a charity box collection from Lloyds Pharmacy in Walton Street, Oxford, on April 29. Also admitted obstructing PC Christopher Cassidy in the execution of his duty in Cornmarket Street, Oxford, on March 30. Community order made with a drug rehabilitation requirement. Told to pay £120 compensation, a £60 victims’ surcharge, and £50 costs.

I know he is not the only one but what can society do about people like this, we all know this has been going on for years and years.

A thought just came to me get them filling in pot holes!

Re: Our Loss Is Another Towns Gain!

Total fine £230, thing is if he hasn't got the money which he won't have they can't have it can they? Annoyingly a motorist without a mot or motoring offence your looking at £350 - £400.

Compare the above with this from a recent court report - Note name has been deleted to protect this master criminal

14. ? ?, 57, of Finsbury Gardens, Chipping Norton, admitted speeding at 35mph in a 30mph zone in Worcester Road, Chipping Norton, on October 26. Fined £133 and told to pay a £20 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Licence endorsed with three points.

I cant see how you can compare the 2 but the sentence is about the same for both!

Wells stole £295.84 of other peoples property plus a charity box plus having class A drugs and obstructing a police officer in essence committing six crimes.

The motorist was exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph, if memory serves you are allowed a 10% tolerance for inaccuracy so one could say exceeding the speed limit by 2 mph.

Not that I defend speeding however I do detect a slight difference