Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Churchill Road

Something really needs to be done about the parking of cars on Churchill Road from The Leys up to Hailey Road stretch. Every single night cars are parked on both sides of road with no spaces to pull in to allow oncoming traffic to pass. It is quite frightening when you see a car coming towards you from Kingham direction (sometimes well over the speed limit) with nowhere to pull in. It is an accident / accidents waiting to happen. Please can someone do something about it!!

Re: Churchill Road

A lot of people have tried, including me. I have also spoken to the parking warden who was along there one day. He said there was nothing he could do as there were no yellow lines But he would speak to his boss. No one wants to know. They even park opposite lords piece road entrance.

In addition, and this has been going on for years, they park in the 'town end' of the layby opposite the Hailey Road Junction, which is supposed to be a Bus Stop. Since, for the last 10 or 12 years there has been an hourly service (X8)
on Churchill Road, surely the Bus Stop should be exactly that, not a car park

How I agree an accident waiting to happen the speed at which some of the cars come into town is amazing and especially late at night !
Surely something can be done about the parking as you say its so near to the Hailey road I feel sorry for the bus drivers!

Over Norton Road is another place that seems to have become a one way system because of parking. I believe Rock Hill residents use it to park.

It's not just the bus drivers. What about emergency vehicles?? If one was needing to get through where on earth could drivers pull in to allow them to pass. As a passenger it scares me how when in a car the driver has to play Russian Roulette to get home from town.