Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
British Grand Prix

Having been an F1 fan for many years far back as watching Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill race at Silverstone why am I not suprised at the result of Hamilton winning with Rosberg failing to finish. After yesterdays shambolic mistake by Hamilton it was absolutely necessary for him to beat his team mate to keep the championship alive and not risk losing him to Ferrari.

The amount of race's I have watched where a team mate's car has mysteriously broken down allowing the other to catch up is truly amazing.

Re: British Grand Prix

Completely agree, it's becoming all very predictable these days and quite frankly boring!

I can't stand Lewis and he acts like a spoilt brat most if the time.
I did notice that bbc coverage hardly mentioned Jenson during their coverage despite the fact that he actually qualified higher up that the spoilt one.

Makes for pretty poor viewing really!

If Rosberg had finished second Hamilton would have only gained seven points where as by Rosberg failing to finish Hamilton gained the full twenty five points.

Hamilton is not as good as he thinks he is, on one occasion he asked his pit crew why they didn't bring him for a tyre change, if he was as good as he thinks he is he should have told them.

He should take up cycling like Bradley Wiggins, he would only have to win one race to get a knighthood.

There was a rumor Hamilton may leave Formula 1 and join the boy band JLS to chase his celebrity status.

Noisy sport, what about the tennis? The fitness of those 2 yesterday was unbelievable althougn the wrong man won it was a good match. I said to OH you wouldn't see Rooney etc running around for nearly 4 hours without falling around on the floor.

Tennis! You cannot be serious!

Why do some Brits love to knock our winners?
Sir Bradley Wiggins is a world class athlete, Lewis Hamilton is a great racing driver, only here in the UK would you get people with no athletic ability whatsoever criticising them.If more people used them as an inspiration to get out and take some exercise perhaps the obesity problem that we hear so much about would be lessened. As a bonus we wouldn't have to look at all the fat folk waddling around our fair town.

Perhaps it is because some 'brits' like to get things into perspective! Riding bikes, climbing mountains, hiking across Antartica or kicking a pigs bladder about doesn't in many eyes warrant a knighthood for doing something they enjoy or else every doctor, nurse or anyone who serves the public would rightly get one.

Well said Ed. When was a lifeboatman last knighted? They are handed out like sweets to over paid sport and pop stars. Look at Brucie who could plead enough til he got his. I bet it will be yhe smug Beckhams next.

What a negative bunch of people, stop moaning about life and be positive for a change! You will feel much better for it.
Just look at the way the people of Yorkshire embraced the Tour de France at the weekend.It sends out a really powerful image of that county and the people there. It will result in a huge increase in tourism there and generate huge amounts of money for the local economy.
No doubt if the Tour de France wanted to do something similar here the usual
suspects would only complain about the road closures instead of embracing the event.

You are right the PEOPLE of Yorkshire embraced the Tour de France and Mark Cavendish promptly fell of his bike like a two year old.

It is the organiser who brought the Tour de Franc to Britain should get the credit.

No one is moaning about life, just not impressed by giving gongs to celebrates for self promotion.

If you find the Formula One racing boring and don't like the drivers, why do you watch it? In fact why watch any sport you don't like?

Who said it was boring? watching Vettle and Alonso battling it out was quite entertaining even though it was at times more like handbags at the ready bit*hing about each other racing offline.

I went out hoping to avoid the endless pre-race chit chat from Eddie Jordan chasing after the endless Z list of celebrities in the pit lane desperate for publicity not know a thing about F1. I was expecting to see the race half run not expecting to have a delay repairing the barrier because Kimi Raikkonen slammed his Ferrari into the Armco, why the couldn't have just put a few cones down like Oxfordshire Highways have on the Marsden by-pass, it seems to work for them!

In fact I do not watch sport, unfortunately you cannot get away from it, TV channels need it, newspapers and magazines need it, advertisers need it, I don't!