Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So thats OK then

Teachers can go on strike yet if you take your child out of school you can be fined. I dont have children school age but my view is lets fine the teachers.

Re: So thats OK then

I think you will find that in real terms, the teachers "pay rise" over recent years has effectively been a pay cut. They have been "fined" by this government already.

p.s. My youngest daughter is an English teacher, & I'm sure she would love to pick you up on the missing apostrophe

One apostrophe is nothing compared to some of the speach from some youngsters. Why do they say 'like' and 'you know' numerous times in one sentence? Teachers aren't the only people having little or nompay rises but most would find themselves out of a job if they complained.

Parents are being fined for taking their children out of school which is extremely unfair.

Except they're not. I know of a lot of 'unauthorised absence' but the whole notion of fining? I'd love to know if it has happened locally because those in the know, know that it's got to be pretty severe before that happens! Parents have to had multiple warning letters from the LEA not the school. It smacks of Daily Mail scaremongering to me!

Anna\\\\\\\'s sister
p.s. My youngest daughter is an English teacher, & I'm sure she would love to pick you up on the missing apostrophe

And your full stop?

glad to see someone's taking note ! better not comment on the spelling of speach(sic) - oops !

13 weeks paid holiday a year and a decent salary need I say anymore, my heart bleeds for them.

& of that 13 weeks, at least 6 weeks will be spent on lesson planning & preparing material for the next term. The good teachers ( & I count my daughter among them - having several of her upper 6th form with Oxbridge offers for October) , regularly work 50-60 hours/ week, including marking in the evenings & weekends. In addition, she runs theatre trips, debating & public speaking teams etc etc. NEED I SAY MORE ?

The strike that prompted this thread was aimed at the Tories, supported by militants and teachers not bright enough to realise they are being used.

The majority loyally stayed at work and should not be tarred by the same brush.

Well I'm taking my daughter out of school the last week of term before the summer holidays next and I'll you why because last week all they did was watch DVD's in their class rooms she could have a far better and more educational time on her holidays, and I'm not getting at the teachers as such but when I work full time and they call a strike what am I supposed to do I have to take the day off as well, striking hasn't helped at all, all it does is make parents really mad

Exactly my point. Good for you Shaz. As for the last week of term it is never educational.

Yeah gud 4 u. Bein tekken out ov skool in termtime dun me no harm