Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recreation Ground

While I am delighted that money is being spent on our recreation ground in New Street (well overdue!) I do question the timing, and clearly whoever made the decision to dig up the majority of the toddler enclosure this week clearly doesn't have the prospect of entertaining their offspring for the next six weeks of the summer holidays! Crazy timing in my opinion!

Re: Recreation Ground

I have already apologised for this - the contractors were delayed on an earlier job - they will gone from New Street by the end of the week so we will have lost just about 10 days of the holidays.

They are also going up to Cotswold Crescent recreation area on Monday to put a 4 metre by 4 metre surface in front of the basket ball thing there - this will create a much better ground to play ball on there - this should be usable by Tuesday morning

We hope they will also sort out the climbing apparatus on Cornish Road but they are having trouble sourcing the spare parts.

I apologise again for the disruption but at least you will have new surfaces and paths for the majority of the holiday period.

Mike Tysoe
Mayor

No point doing anything to improve the Cornish Road play area until they stop the teenagers using it as a drinking ground and vandalising all the equipment!! They'll only ruin the new stuff too

If you see teenagers vandalising the equipment then please ring 101 and report it to the police - they might not turn up quickly enough but at least there will a record that the activity has been reported and if there is damage we can claim against the insurers for replacement of equipment - thanks in advance

Mike TYSOE

More apologies necessary I am afraid ....

The contractors have run out of material so they have to make some more today - - this is shredded forklift truck tire rubber and not available 'off the shelf' - the paths around the MUGA are all finished and can be and are being used much to the delight of Mums with pushchairs and kids with trikes/bikes and scooters - I am afraid that the under 7's area will be closed this weekend but that should be finished by the end of Monday - and will be back in operation on Tuesday morning I hope - apologies to all

Mike Tysoe

Mike Tysoe
If you see teenagers vandalising the equipment then please ring 101 and report it to the police - they might not turn up quickly enough but at least there will a record that the activity has been reported and if there is damage we can claim against the insurers for replacement of equipment - thanks in advance

Mike TYSOE

I have reported it to the police before as they were drinking but no one was interested. There was a gang of about 20 out there last night until about 11pm, how are young children supposed to sleep in nearby houses??
Maybe a lockable gate would be the answer?

CR resident, get in touch with Mike, his email address is in the Councillors section. It is much better to speak directly to discuss.