Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW STREET RECREATION GROUND FULLY OPEN

All the works by the contractors are now finished so the under7's play area is now fully open - please note that there are some grass areas which have been reseeded please try and keep children off those area for the time being.

Having just been down there to check all is ok I managed to collect another great collection of plastic bottles some only centimetres away from the nearest bin- it would be really really helpful for everyone if everyone could try and dispose of their rubbish in one of the many bins provided!

All we need now is a small army of volunteers to help with repainting the equipment and then we will have a good looking play area again- any volunteers please contact me on 'miketysoe@uwclub.net' telling me what you can/cannot do and when you might be available

Many thanks
Mike Tysoe
Mayor

Ps again apologies for the overrun and delayed works ....but I hope the end result is worth the wait !

PPS the new surface on Cotswold Crescent should be ok to use this morning - I will check and revert later

Re: NEW STREET RECREATION GROUND FULLY OPEN

Let's say something positive for a change-WELL DONE-

Thanks Mum - at least one person appreciates it - and I can confirm that the basketball area in Cotswold Crescent recreation ground is also open and ready for action

Yep well done! now Skate park next?

Wasn't there one years ago and if I remember rightly it was vandalised! Why throw good money at bad!

There was many many years ago, however there is a different generation now.

all this money spent but still no car park to keep the cars and kids off new street road , parking is dangerous at the park Lorrys have to come by the cars over the white line coming up the hill

I know theres never been a accident but its only time before there is one

Problem is Wilma the council does not own the Rec so it can't put in a car park and people will not park in station road and walk.

but they have still got to cross a very busy road with kids if parking in station road which also is busy with lorrys etc

There was an accident there just a couple of weeks back when a car drove into the back of a car parked by the playground.

Park at New Street Car Park and walked down if you have to. Much safer.

I also meant to say:

"WELL DONE MIKE TYSOE FOR GETTING THIS UP TO STANDARD - GOOD NEWS!!"

Ed - have asked the Town Clerk to get the springs on the gates repaired asap - I also noticed that the other day - thanks for reminding me.

Car Park - I wish it could be done tomorrow - I am trying to get something done but I am afraid it will take some time with various different 'bodies' involved

at least you are trying mike thanks