Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anyone remember

Photo on home page of Douglas bader, the lad on right of bader as u look at pic looks like one of the Gould boys from Albion street I,m thinking Martin Gould

Re: Does anyone remember

I can name the one on the left but have tried 8 times to post the name but keep getting spam alerts

I will try again. The person far left is Michael Faulkner.

Surely whoever put some of the names to the faces meant Captain John Pascoe, who was a Captain in the old BOAC airline days. Peter Pascoe was/is one of his sons. They lived in a house called 'Anakiwa' off Albion Street until John and Vivienne removed to New Zealand, from where she came.

Welcome Stanley, I think you are correct, John Pascoe had three sons, the eldest was if I remember also called John he also became a pilot, Peter was the youngest he became a vet I believe.
I cannot remember the middle son, I have vivid memories there may have been a daughter?

Sue
Photo on home page of Douglas bader, the lad on right of bader as u look at pic looks like one of the Gould boys from Albion street I,m thinking Martin Gould
I think you are right sue about martin gould, and do you think second rear right is nigel canning?

Yes to Nigel canning and I,m sure 2 nd from left is Andy Gould and big maybe the one looking over shoulder of bader is John Aldridge the postie

photo 89c765fb-ab9c-4775-8d36-a9596a9518fc_zps310e1255.jpg

Nigel Canning is in the main photo as is his brother Paul (pictured), standing I think behind DB.

I think the event may have been something to do with Paul Canning, Paul at the age of 15 developed cancer in his leg which later had to be amputated, thus the connection with Douglas Bader. Sadly Paul succumbed to the cancer and died very young.

(For a time I was in the same class as Paul, he was a very popular with everyone. Ed)

It should all be recorded in the A.T.C. Records.