Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic warden at WW1 memorial

I was absolutely disgusted to see the traffic warden booking people during the memorial this morning. The car parks were understandably a little busier than a normal Sunday but I did not see one car causing an obstruction and yet there he was booking people! I think it's a disgrace during a town service like that. Shame on you traffic warden!!

Re: Traffic warden at WW1 memorial

you are right that's out of order, I expect he was on double time for a sunday

Also saw him shouting at 2 young lads who were driving down towards saisburys, claiming they tried to run him over but they were nowhere near him until he walked right at their car (in the road)! Disgusting behaviour really.

I'm not a driver but thought That on Sundays there were no parking restrictions.

Sorry, but people can't blame a traffic warden for doing their job properly.All too often, drivers park on the yellow lines, in turning bays & so on while they just "nip in" various shops, banks, takeaways etc - & then moan when they get a ticket.There is ample parking around the town, but unfortunately, too many people are reluctant, or too lazy to walk any distance at all.As an example, how many perfectly able-bodied people who could have parked outside the comprehensive school & walked to the memorial did so ? That would have freed up spaces in the town centre for those less able.When I come in to town from the village where I live, to go to the bank, or market etc, I park in the 30minute spaces opposite the fishing shop & enjoy the brisk walk into the centre. Looking around the town, there are plenty who would benefit from similar exercise.A bit of forward thinking & consideration by those who are able could make a difference for the less fortunate.
Personally, I would like to see the traffic warden ticketing every parking offender, the town centre would flow much better in the long run.I've had a driving licence for 39 years & havn't had a ticket yet- & by abiding by the law, I intend to keep it that way

But on a Sunday! Never seen them before on a Sunday. W.O.D.C getting more money out of people paying their respects- total .... Bags!

Does the warden attend the meyhem splashing out tickets on the Boxing Day meet outside the Fox?

Still I have to praise the warden who banged a ticket on the car abandoned half on double yellows and half on the bus stop outside the doctor's obviously thinking a blue badge made him bulletproof. Well done warden.

I'd have no problem with that - & maybe the police could fix up alll those driving horesboxes who think that the law regarding mobile phone use doesn't apply to them.

Pity he doesn't ever book the big pick-up that's always parked illegally outside bitter and twisted...clearly they've paid him off!!!!

Still think it's disgusting during a memorial service...maybe he should have spend his time paying his respects to those who lost their lives fighting for this country!

I checked the signs for parking down town this morning!ALL say Monday-Saturday!!
so what was Jobsworth doing down town on SUNDAY!!
Absolutely disgusting!

Restriction signs were on Topside and also at the bottom of the carpark, and on Market street, all saying Monday - Saturday- so cant see how T/Warden should be there on a Sunday anyway! Never seen one down town on a Sunday before!

I thought exactly the same Cornish Resident. Shame the traffic wardens don't come further out of town in week, ie Churchill Road as there is an accident waiting to happen with the way cars park on each side of road with no passing spaces. Anyway still think it's disgraceful and disrespectful to have issued tickets during a WW1 remembrance!,

If the signs say Monday to Saturday then you won't have to pay the fines, just appeal against the ticket. Simples 😃

With regard to parking, how often are vehicles parked on double yellow lines, sometimes half on the pavement and half on the road? That said, although I wasn't at thw WW1 commemoration, I agree that it was unneccesary, disrespectful, and seemingly not legal to issue parking tickets, as, according to the signs, the restrictions do not apply on Sundays.

There were notices posted for all to read stating that the car parking was restricted on this day 'as the town centre was expected to have throngs of people attending to pay their respects'. Sadly there were no throngs just a few stalwarts. Maybe, too much was expected of the townsfolk, but the notices were there!!!