Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dean Pit?

Does anyone have any idea what is happening about the proposed re-opening of Dean Pit, or the opening of any other site (i.e. Greystones) as it all seems to have gone very quiet on that front?

I am getting very tired of having to travel 25/30 miles to get rid of rubbish that cannot be re-cycled or free-cycled!!

Re: Dean Pit?

There does not seem to be any intention of reopening of Dean pit.

As for Greystones WODC pulled out of that because they couldn't get the use of council land for next to nowt!

The failed to get elected Guy Wall threatened to reopen discussions had he been elected. Chippy needs other peoples rubbish like it needs we need a hole in the head, thankfully he lost.

However, the successful candidate wants a greaystones recycling center to handle "Landfill", that is worse, a lot worse!
I wanted to re-open negotiations because I feel the people of Chipping Norton NEED a facility. The difficulty of course is A) finding a site near enough to Chippy and B) finding one not too close to Chippy!

Guy

im with you guy, greystones would have been perfect was it put off do you think because someone wanted to build a housing estate opposite?

GuyWall
However, the successful candidate wants a greaystones recycling center to handle \\\"Landfill\\\", that is worse, a lot worse!
I wanted to re-open negotiations because I feel the people of Chipping Norton NEED a facility. The difficulty of course is A) finding a site near enough to Chippy and B) finding one not too close to Chippy!

Guy

Hi Guy, nothing personal but as you can see I'm totally against Greystones being used, being involved from the beginning I remember all the shenanigans that went on trying to get us to accept Greystones as a recycling centre.

Originally WODC claimed there was no need for Dean Pit as we were all recycling more. THEN after Dean Pit had closed to justify using Greystones WODC said we need to recycle more. it was WODC who asked the members of the public at the consultation in the Town Hall if they could think of other items that need recycling.

There seems to be a degree of selfishness by those who want to use Greystones, let me make it clear, Greystones would be used by everyone within a 10 mile radius to dump their rubbish, right in the middle of playing fields opposite the proposed housing estate, I urge those who want Greystones to be used as a recycling centre to go to Alkerton or Ardly and see just exactly how big and used they are then think Greystones.

There is a place where the infrastructure is in place to serve as a waste collection point, unfortunately there is no Conservative on WODC or OCC brave enough to stand up to the architects of the closure of Dean Pit.

Well we certainly need something somewhere and fast. Keep building more houses and the problem gets worse. We have now been 5 times to the pit recently what a waste of petrol time and money.

GuyWall
However, the successful candidate wants a greaystones recycling center to handle \\\\\\\"Landfill\\\\\\\", that is worse, a lot worse!

Guy

Do we assume that every Tory is an Ostrich, we don\\\'t need to find a site one already exists at Dean and it worked well.

So come on you Tories its about time you grew some and took your heads out of the sand!

Not Ostrichs, the President of West Oxfordshire Conservative Party led the protest to close Dean Pit meaning not one of the tory councillors will stand up and fight to reopen Dean Pit.

Guy says he would like to reopen negotiations over Greystones even though the decision not to go ahead has been made so why then shouldn't he use the same reasoning to reopen Dean Pit?

What is ironic WODC still have to pay £5000 a year towards the upkeep of Dean Pit.

It seems everyone agrees that we need a facility. A facility "just" for Chipping Norton would be impossible as it would always have to serve surrounding towns and villages, so we will always have to handle "other peoples" waste. Wherever the site is located it must NOT rely on large volumes of traffic going through the center of town.
Regarding the subject of Dean Pit, I have used dean Pit in the past and I always found it awkward to get to (town a twisty little lane) and in busy periods it would get very choked up due to no separate entrance and exit. One one occasion there was effluent poring down the yard from the neighboring farm, which was in a horrendous state. It was clear to me that Dean Pit was past its sell-by-date and closing it was only a matter of time, however clearly a replacement should have been up and running BEFORE Dean Pit closed, but that's life I suppose!
So my question is- If Greystones is not suitable then where is? maybe as a town we should identify 3 possible sites?

I say again to the Tories, Dean pit is there, it works and we are still paying for it,

So lets use it!

ps DC and LC could always move

Guy, it is interesting and enligtening that you found Dean pit awarkward to get to particularly with the hoards of users but hasn't it occured to you that Greystones would suffer the same fate considering there would still be only one enterance/exit and even more waste?

There was three sites identified, the others being at Enstone one being on the airfield I believe, though the powerful of Enstone soon put a stop to that like they stopped Jeremy Clarkson moving Top Gear to the airfield.

The reality is WODC never intended it to go anywhere else other than Greystones as they own the property and they couldn't find a use for it.

Be careful the delightful neighbouring farm at Dean you spoke of that belongs to Dave's next door neighbour.