Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
David Cameron To Join UKIP

The way things are going and with Boris Johnson and George Osborne circling like sharks for the leadership could we find our selves with a UKIP MP.

A bit far fetched I know but you have to admit an interesting thought so run with it for a while.

What could we get changed around here with the influence of a UKIP MP?

Re: David Cameron To Join UKIP

Well we could get Dean Pit reinstated for start.

Get rid of the Chippng Norton set.

Invest in industry locally rather than invest in India industry.

The wheels are clearly coming of Dave's waggon, lost all three seats in his nearest constituency to Labour.

When he was asked about Dean pit he washed his hands of it.

Failing to cut immigration like he promised, instead it increased.

Promising a referendum on the EU (again) yet at the same time pushing for changes, clearly he has no intention to carry it through. He will either lose or resign. He is finally realising people can see through him.

Cutting defence despite islamic extremeists threatening the country.

Condems Christian's for following their beliefs yey supporting other non british religious beliefs.

So David Cameron's government has just raised the countrys security level to the second highest, all because he and his Labour predecessors slavishly observed the EU's open boarders and afraid to stop anyone for fear of being racist.

You state that Cameron has reneged on a referendum for Europe, maybe a little research might have corrected your thought process. May I cast your mind back to the 2005 General Election, the new Labour agenda and their manifesto commitment to a referendum on the EU constitution and which all Labour MPs were elected in 2005 on that manifesto commitment. Who was Prime Minister at the time, oh yes dear Mr Tony Blair, why did Labour have that manifesto commitment because they knew that in 2007 there would have to be ratification of the new EU Constitution by all 27 member states.

The UK government was preparing to hold a referendum in the spring of 2006, but shelved those plans after the French and Dutch voters rejected the constitution. Prime Minister Tony Blair told parliament: "Realistically, given the 'No' votes in France and the Netherlands, ratification cannot succeed unless and until those votes change."

So what did the EU do, oh yes they changed the name from Constitution to Treaty which helped Ireland to hold its second referendum vote and of course it went to a yes, Labour promised a vote at the last election if the constitution was reintroduced. However, both Mr Blair and Mr Brown argued that a referendum is not necessary now because EU leaders are proposing a treaty and have dropped the trappings of a constitution. Brown decided that with a name change he did not have to hold a referendum and of course with a general election due before May 6th 2010 he set about ratifying the Lisbon Treaty and it was done in December 2009 simply to spike the attempts of any future Conservative Government to hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
The Conservative campaign to hold a referendum on the Lisbon treaty is now over, David Cameron declared in December 2009.
Confirming a complete U-turn on his "cast iron guarantee" that a Tory government would hold a public vote on the controversial treaty, the Conservative Leader said the Czech Republic's decision to ratify the agreement meant he could "no more hold a referendum on the treaty than ... a referendum on the sun rising in the morning."
"The Lisbon treaty has now been ratified by every one of the 27 member states of the European Union, and our campaign for a referendum on the Lisbon treaty is therefore over. Why?" he asked. "Because it is no longer a treaty: it is being incorporated into the law of the European Union. Next week, the new posts that the Lisbon treaty creates – a president and a foreign minister – will be filled.
Of course you did not even give Cameron credit with regards to, “we will always stand up for Britain’s national interest in Europe. We have already stopped the passage of further areas of power to the EU and introduced a ‘referendum lock’ on transferring new powers from Britain”. This is something Labour had a chance of doing but did not, so if your going to blame anyone for not keeping their promise on holding a referendum blame Labour.

Thanks for that very impressive.
Undoubtedly the Labour party are equally if not more in this mess however In 2009 David Cameron promised a referendum on the EU if he were elected that is why I and many others voted for him, he renaiged on that promise. Instead is going to the EU trying to renegotiate, the EU knows he personally wants to remain so will call his bluff and if he doesn't get his way he will resign.

The whole idea of a referendum on leaving the E.U is, quite frankly, academic.So much of U.K life & business is now so enmeshed with the E.U as to make leaving nigh on impossible. The time to have said No was when we joined the Common Market (as it was) in the 1970's. We burnt our boats with the Commonwealth countries then, so really we can only try to change things from within.All the empty rhetoric, from all parties ( UKIP included), is just that.

The Common Market may have been a mistake but it was a market, since then the goalposts have been moved on several occasions encompassing laws we did not agree to, when Ted Heath agreed to join he said we will not become part of a federal Europe which is now what it is.

Uk business is not so intertwined as we are told that is just spin to keep us there. Britain is one of the biggest contributers to the EU, they need us more than we need them and every time the EU accepts another basket case country our influence gets less and less yet we have to contribute more.

If we left the EU the country would not grind to a halt also many European Companies are located here because their own countries are in dire straits and all the while our trade ministers are disappearing to India and China because these countries are desperate to do business with the one European country making money, Britain

If you actually read Ed what I have written you will see the reasons why Cameron could not go forward with his promise in 2009 of a referendum. Cameron had cast iron assurances from both the Leaders of Poland and the Czech Republic that they would not agree to the Lisbon Treaty. Knowing that this Treaty had to be ratified by all 27 EU countries Cameron gave his promise to hold a referendum on this Treaty just like the Irish, Dutch and France did. Prior to the UK ratifying the Treaty in December 2009 there were three (3) countries who had not ratified the Lisbon Treaty, Poland, The Czech Republic and the UK.

Poland won an opt-out from the Charter, because it insisted on retaining national control over family issues and morality, such as abortion together with further economic aid and this is the reason they signed. The Czech Republic President had informed Cameron that he would hold out signing the Treaty until after the May election in 2010, but he also secured an opt-out and for him a Eurosceptic Czech President Vaclav Klaus this was critical as a condition for signing the treaty which he did on the 3rd November 2009. He wanted a guarantee that his country would not be exposed to property claims by Germans expelled from the then Czechoslovakia after World War II.

This then paved the way for Brown to ratify the Treaty which he did in December 2009. There was no way after this could Cameron keep his promise of a referendum since the Treaty had been ratified by all member States. Exactly what would the referendum be on after ratification and Brown and the Labour Party knew this. This is what Brown said after he had done the deed in December 2009, “if this was a constitutional treaty, we would hold a referendum, if there was a vote on a euro, we would hold a referendum, but the constitutional concept was abandoned”.

As I have said before after the UK had ratified the Treaty Cameron did inform the Country he could not give the British people a referendum after the next election on the Lisbon Treaty, remember when the election was May 6th 2010 so you knew then in May that he could not what he had said in 2009 because of both Poland and the Czech Republic.

You say he could have gone to the EU to renegotiate, how could he have done that in 2009 when he was Leader of the Conservative Party and not Prime Minister? Cameron in December 2009 said “he understood how much the people of Britain would resent the fact there could not be a referendum” but he claimed the "betrayal" was the Labour government's, "backed and matched" by the Liberal Democrats.

What you have not quite grasped after 4 plus years is that we have a Coalition and our Junior Partner are very Pro – European and they certainly do not want a referendum whether its an in or out one. Labour have said nothing about a referendum and its only the Conservative Party who already introduced a means to stop further areas of power going to the EU and introduced a ‘referendum lock’ on transferring new powers from Britain”

I personally do not want to leave the EU but I do want areas of what are substantive issues being brought back to the UK Parliament and for the UK Parliament to decide on these and not the EU.

Again I thank you, you certainly have a grasp of what is a very complicated mess the Labour Party have landed the country in running rings around the Tories unfortunately it is now DC's problem. The reality is the majority of the country is deeply dissatisfied by the whole EU and I'm sorry to say DC shows very little leadership, from open boarders to light bulbs and now vacuum cleaners directives continually coming from the EU and to promise a referendum in 3 years time quite frankly no one believes him. Personally I prefer Cameron to Milliband anyday however the next election is for him to lose and unless he can convince the public to support him rather than UKIP over the EU he's done for.

As I said Ed, I certainly don’t want to leave the EU, but for various reasons such as you highlight, light bulbs, vacuum cleaners, now hairdryers, toilet systems not being the right shape etc., etc., we need reform and the majority of the EU leaders apart from France and Italy want reform, even Germany wants some reforms. We have the EU bureaucrats simply make up “what else can we inflict on other people” it’s a blown up system ripe for change and it has been going on like this for ages.

No other political party is going to give a referendum to the people of the UK, not Labour, not the Lib/Dems and certainly not UKIP. The reason its going to be in 2017, is because Cameroon wants to start negociating in 2015 after the May General election and he has to be able to do so with all 27 member States. Sweden wants to bring substantive issues back to their parliament, like the Netherlands, Denmark and Poland, and hopefully there will be other EU States. Its going to take 2 years, if after all of this we appear not to get what we want then the referendum will be there for us to say in or out and I expect the vast majority will want out if we don’t get what we all want and that is reform.

I don’t agree with UKIP that we should leave because it will cost us billions and not just in sterling, but I do want major reform. When we wish to enter into a sales agreement with Australia we have to go through Bruxelles but Australia is part of the Commonwealth, the same for Canada and the costs involved are huge.

Do I approve of the Liberal/Dems, not one jot. We could have had our borders closed but no the lib/dems what common access and as they say it’s against civil liberties. Look at the Jamaican been here since he was 16, been in prison because he murdered someone out then committed a crime again and now because he was en-route to the airport to deport him suddenly he shouts “sorry mate I am gay you can’t deport me” taken back to central London appears before a High Court Judge who agrees he can’t be deported even those he has a criminal record as long as his arm.

You talk Ed about immigration, well Labour opened the doors, signed away our opt out and now we are seeing what Labour did from 2002. Can we stop EU migrants, no, Labour had a chance to extend both Romania and Bulgaria from allowing its nationals to come here, did they, NO and that’s why from January 1st this year the figures have increased. Why are we paying for children still in Poland, Romania and Bulgaria when one of the parents is here, because Labour allowed this to happen.

to be fair, if someone from Poland etc has paid income tax, national insurance etc, they are as entitled to claim the benefits that they fund just the same as U.k born people, however daft that seems. As for toilet systems - well, it's all gone down the pan !!!!!!!!!!