Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Euro nutters on the march again?

Most people will be aware of the latest EU directive concerning electric motors over 1600 watts, banning vacume cleaners however much of the objection seems to be by ladies concentrating on hairdryers, one hairdresser complained it would take twice as long so what is the saving? Quite!

However the stupidity doesn't end there, air conditioning in cars that aparently increases fuel consumption, also heaters in cars including rear windows, never mind the danger not being able to see out the car as it freezes up, so now the real stupidity, what are they going to do about electric cars? Limit them to 1600 watt motors? No heater? One car, four occupants being overtaken by a hairdrier? But seriously leaving electric cars on charge overnight will use more electricity than any hairdrier or vacume cleaner.

Who is going to save us from the EU madness?

Re: Euro nutters on the march again?

Don't worry Ed, there is a solution to the hairdryer directive from our dear EU, we will simply all have to go bald and have wigs. This way we could save enough electricity to power the library!!!!!!

For you and I a more regular trip to barty's for a trim might be in order however I have just examined my wife's favourite appliance!!!, the Iron rated at 2300 watts, somehow looking like ruffled Mr Darcy or Laurence Llewelyn Bowen doesn't appeal.

Seriously though it is matters like this which the majority of the British people get angry about. The blown up EU officials have to earn their inflated salaries so they sit there wondering what else can they change and make us spend more and more of our hard earned cash.

ps, I think with wigs Ed you have to put them into the washing machine rather than iron them......but that's another thread because soon Bruxelles will want us to change our washing machines......mark my word.

The wigs had nothing to do with Irons, I was emphaising a more used and more powerful household appliance yet to be included. But yes there will be no stopping them now.

Mrs Merkels grin gives out more watts than a vacuum cleaner.

Lets hope they limit "Ghetto Blasters"

Is another EU directive the reason why detergent and washing machine manufactures keep promoting 'low temeperature wash' products. They state that temperatures as low as 15 deg. C. will use less energy and give good results.
Has this been independantly tested and verified. My washing machine is maybe 6 or 7 years old, still working well, and washes at between 30 & 60 deg. C., depending on the program selected. An average load takes arund 40 minutes. Does a machine running at lower temperatures take longer? If so, is there really any energy & cost saving?

Manufacturer's continually strive to make their products more efficient, take Rolls Royce, they continually develop their jet engine's that are now more effecient in terms of output and quietness, keeping governments informed of their progress, we then have some minister pop his head up claiming all along it was their legislation that made it so much to the delight of the 'I haven't got anything better to do' lobby.

Quite why the EU seem fit to interfere with essential household goods when the millions of ipads, phones, computers and tv's are left on or on charge for hours on end for nothing.