Return to Website

POSTING ON THIS FORUM. You only need to fill in the NAME Field, i.e. With your name or what you want to be known as.

Ignore the rest, only this and your I.P. address will be shown.  

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website down

Notice the website has been down for a few days - is the webmaster aware I wonder?

Re: Website down

I still can't access the home page but have forum set as bookmark which sees to open.

Sorry you guys but to be honest because of the little response from any news stories or postings on the forum I concluded there was very few people visiting the site so I have taken the website down, .

I am pleased some of you still access the forum (it is on a different server) if there is an encouraging response Ito resurrect it I may it has been saved elsewhere. Ed:

i still access the forum ed, and thought the problem was with me, not being a computer geek, but you should know that your efforts are appreciated by all of us and we would like you to carry on, I think I can speak for the majority of us,just because we don't reply to every thread doesn't mean we are not interested.

Thanks for that hailey resident, it helps to know if people are interested. A lady asked me this morning about the site, she said she didn't add anything because she thought no one would be interested in what she thought. When people add their views it prolongs the discussion also it shows there are different sides to all views.

Hi Ed,

Have you checked your site stats to see what traffic you're getting? (both to the website & the forum?)

But as with any website, the responses, and forum contributions are often driven by the content of the website too.

Maybe a few more regular updates on the home page might help engage people. (Athough, I appreciate how this is sometimes hard to keep up with, as I run a website, Facebook & Twitter feed too).

Would hope you might re-consider and keep the site going.

I view this forum daily and used to look at the website every other day. A work colleague tried to access forum today and website and he was disappointed he couldn't view either. Could you create a poll on here to see who'd want the website reinstated?

Ben E Wriggle
Hi Ed,

Have you checked your site stats to see what traffic you're getting? (both to the website & the forum?)

But as with any website, the responses, and forum contributions are often driven by the content of the website too.

Maybe a few more regular updates on the home page might help engage people. (Athough, I appreciate how this is sometimes hard to keep up with, as I run a website, Facebook & Twitter feed too).

Would hope you might re-consider and keep the site going.

Hi Ben, thanks for the support, the site really needs updating unfortunately Googleblogger in their wisdom by making changes to make it simpler have made things more difficult and as some may know being part of Google is like being part of the EU, difficult to make changes or escape. I will take another look when I have overcome the problem.

In the meantime the wabsite is still available at http://chippingnortonjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

Just Testing!

Just Testing!