General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
External penis clamps

My Urologist wrote an RX for a Cunningham Incontenence Clamp, cost $56 incl tax. I've found 4 other brands on line. My wife is picking this clamp up today. I'm wondering if anyone uses these types of clamps and what your experience has been?

Owner said they can last 6 mo. On line there is no need for doctors Rx, and can be purchased for $32. Canada makes a "Dribblestop" (humerous name) for $90 for 2 clamps.

Owner of the Med Sup. Co. told me several customers swear by the Cunningham Clamp - strongly in favor.
Anyone with experience want to share? Thanks.
Jess

Re: External penis clamps

If your incontinence is relatively minor, a clamp may be what you need. But be careful! A clamp that is too tight or one that is left in place too long can cause serious and permanent damage to your penis. So make sure that it's properly fitted so far as tightness is concerned, and take it off to let blood flow normally through your penis for a while every couple of hours.

FWIW The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence ("NICE") in the UK positively does NOT RECOMMEND penile clamps to manage i/c. The reasoning is twofold - first there is very little good quality clinical evidence and second, expert clinicians are very wary of the risk to circulation and potential skin damage.

There are other, far safer, methods to help a man stay dry.

The clamp can be awkward at times but it has given me some hope.

My first clamp was Dribblestop and my second which I am now on is an unbranded one. They are both kind of clumsy, but they have improved my QOL.