General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Actual full coverage pull ups for seniors

Do any of you know if there is any brand of adult disposable pull ups that are fully padded from side to side, front and back that do not bunch up between the legs? The reason I ask is, my mother has tried most of the brands, however, she still tends to have the issue of the fluids going out the side and on her and the bed, etc. due to the pull ups bunching up in the middle and due to the fact she has a large belly.

Thanks,

Sounds like she needs a full diaper.

I have to agree with the comment below. I waited to see what others' comments would be, in case I missed something.

Pullups are NOT made for full/heavy/overnight incontinence, no matter how the manufacturers label them. The absolute heaviest pull-up I've tried is a pull-up a company (who I will not name here right now) is trying to develop. It was an amazing daytime product for heavy/full daytime incontinence, with padding that came up higher and was wider, but still nothing that would work at night time for the same type of incontinence.

Pullups are a product that is "one size fits many" with no adjustability. This can lead to fit issues that actually cause the pull-up to leak.

Sadly, at least at this time, the quote below is the most accurate. She would benefit from a full diaper ("brief") with tape tabs/hook and loop closures.

Brian

Tim
Sounds like she needs a full diaper.

The only problem is she refuses to use a diaper...prefers the pullup type. Oh well, will wait I guess and deal with what they have now available.

Thanks,

Would she possibly be willing to use a booster pad inside of the pull-up? That would definitely add absorbency and more protection area. If so, I can say from personal experience that the Absorbency Plus XL booster pads from XP Medical are excellent! You might check those out, if she's willing to try them. The pad size is just about as large as the padding of a full diaper and it has an adhesive strip to hold it in place. Here's the link if you want to check them out. https://www.xpmedical.com/pads/booster-pads

I hope this helps! I know this can be really frustrating.

Brian

Susan
The only problem is she refuses to use a diaper...prefers the pullup type. Oh well, will wait I guess and deal with what they have now available.

Thanks,

Thanks Brian for the tip! I will check it out!

Well have u thought about a cloth pull up style diaper?
They even have an all in 1 style, that has a waterproof outer shell,
or u can use a thin pull up style plastic pant, over the cloth pull up style brief diaper 2. There r several thicknesses & cloth inserts r also available if necessary. These r washable & can b used over & over so they do cost a little more than disposables.
Just a thought, if pull ups r the only thing they want 2 deal with. :)

Tranquility Overnight pull-ups work well for me, and hold quite a bit more than say, the Rite-Aid types.

I use NorthShore Care XL pullups. The one I use holds 46 oz which lasts me overnight. Quite heavy when I remove it. They deliver.