General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Incontinent At 19

Hello ive got a bit of a problem, i have began to lose control of my bladder around 2 months ago and its been getting progressively worse, ive had problems with controlling my urine in the past but that usually passed within a week or two, this time it has been going on for 2 months every day and night, ive resorted to wearing adult diapers but its really impacting my mental health and social life as im scared of someone noticing and the embarrasment, i believe that i have a weak bladder genetically and its been getting worse with the years, i have asked my mother and she told me that it took a long time to get me out of nappies as a baby and i wore them till around 6 years old, i am scared/too embarrassed to go see a doctor about this and i dont know what else i can do?

Re: Incontinent At 19

Urologist deal with it all the time don’t be embarrassed

Ary
Hello ive got a bit of a problem, i have began to lose control of my bladder around 2 months ago and its been getting progressively worse, ive had problems with controlling my urine in the past but that usually passed within a week or two, this time it has been going on for 2 months every day and night, ive resorted to wearing adult diapers but its really impacting my mental health and social life as im scared of someone noticing and the embarrasment, i believe that i have a weak bladder genetically and its been getting worse with the years, i have asked my mother and she told me that it took a long time to get me out of nappies as a baby and i wore them till around 6 years old, i am scared/too embarrassed to go see a doctor about this and i dont know what else i can do?
Hi Ary,

I’m in the same boat it sucks. The only advice I can give is not be ashamed. Lots of us (girls included) struggle with incontinence and diapers. Best of luck

Do seek medical advice as soon as possible. It could be that you have a urinary tract infection which, if not treated, could cause permanent damage to your urinary system